Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: One touch blades covered under warranty?  (Read 992 times)

Nasoj21

• Smokey Joe
One touch blades covered under warranty?
« on: July 25, 2020, 07:27:46 PM »
It doesn't affect the grilling too much, but one of my blades for the one touch sweep system is bent. I can control temp fine, but I wonder if my fire doesn't extinguish as fast as it should and maybe I waste charcoal.
Anyone know if this would be covered under warranty?

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: One touch blades covered under warranty?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 07:32:25 PM »
I kind of doubt it would be a warranty item.  You could disassemble and try to bend the sweep system into the correct position, but you may have mixed results.  You will likely be able to make it better than what it is now, but it won't be perfect like a new set of sweeps would.  Only other option is to buy a new set and install.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Nasoj21

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 07:37:17 PM »
Are they a pretty easy install? I saw they are available.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 07:51:08 PM »
@Naso21 they are really easy to install and remove.  All you really need is a flathead screwdriver.  Just watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HXmNBZEtos&t=89s
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Nasoj21

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 08:09:47 PM »
Thanks.

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 06:43:54 AM »
It doesn't affect the grilling too much, but one of my blades for the one touch sweep system is bent. I can control temp fine, but I wonder if my fire doesn't extinguish as fast as it should and maybe I waste charcoal.
Anyone know if this would be covered under warranty?

This is a frequent happening on many Weber Grills as I did an easy replacement on my 22" Weber Mastertouch bought new after only three(3) years of use.  As I recall I bought a new set of "Weber Sweeps" off Amazon for around $25.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:46:18 AM by tibas92017 »

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 06:52:47 AM »

If your going to replace the ash sweeps, I recommend upgrading to the stainless steel ones.  The blades are less prone to bending and much more resistant to rust and corrosion from food and bbq sauce drippings.  The part number for the 22" ash sweep assembly is #90720.  You will have to call Weber Customer Service to order them as they are not listed on their website.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 07:10:30 PM »
I think the ash sweeps are only warrantied for 2 yrs. It's only the bowl & the lid that are 10yrs.

frankpitts

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 07:21:53 PM »
Those ash sweeps can be much more difficult to remove than in the video above in the case that the assembly is covered in the typical ash, grease, and gunk...don't ask me how I know.  I found it easier to cut it off and relace with new. I think Weber could improve the design.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 07:58:54 PM »
A squirt of WD40 does wonders.