Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hunsaker accessories thread  (Read 1952 times)

double_p

• WKC Brave
Hunsaker accessories thread
« on: July 13, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »
So the hunsaker griddle seem to be taking all the weber Facebook pages and forums by storm.  Seems like we need an accessories thread to go with it. Last week I made smash burgers on the hunsaker for my in laws.  After my father in law watched me bend the cheap spatulas I had, they got a bbq hack spatula for my birthday.  At 1.86 pounds, it should smash some great burgers.  What are your favorite hunsaker accessories?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Performer 22, master touch.

blu082003

• WKC Brave
Re: Hunsaker accessories thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 07:27:08 AM »
That thing looks awesome I definitely bent my spatula when I was making smash burgers on hunsaker. I looked at a couple of the blackstone accessories in the store and they seemed to bend as well

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Ashley Coalburn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 04:38:03 AM »
That's an interesting spatula!

A few years ago I was at a store that was blowing out grilling accessories. I picked up a cast iron burger press for $3. I use that for smashing. If you preheat it you can leave it on and it helps cook from the top, but it only covers 2 burgers at a time.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 08:41:25 AM »
I use a blackstone bacon press, I thought about gri doing the bottom smooth and re-seasoning it. Sometimes the patties stick to it a little

Ashley Coalburn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 08:44:02 AM »
Best way to season a press is to clean it, then use it to hold bacon flat. It'll season itself in a few uses!

double_p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 08:59:54 AM »
Used it for the first time last night. Worked great.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 07:13:03 AM »
What does everyone else like for griddle tools?  Certainly looking at that spatula.

I have looked at some of blackstones offerings and they seem a little hit or miss.     

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 08:34:22 AM »
I use the Blackstone Kit along with the Lodge Press with parchment paper. Really like the Blackstone kit but still not sure about the lodge press ( was much cheaper when I bought it). Would like a press where the handle doesn’t get so hot. Following for other options.

Blackstone 1542 Griddle Accessory Tool Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DYN0474/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2whfFbHVT59XD

Lodge LFIP3 Lodge Flat Iron Grill Press,Black,8.25 inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XGIH6M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5shfFbK06PKRZ

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

double_p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 08:41:15 AM »
Here's a link for the spatula for anyone interested. 

https://bbqhack.com

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 06:27:13 PM »
So the bbq hack spatula comes in left and right hands...

Almost tempted to get a pair and then just buy a scraper and bottles separately.  Pretty handy set up when it works for flipping, burger press, and a bacon press.

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 08:30:01 AM »
By the way folks here is a way to safe a few dollars on the BBQ Hack Spatula. 

1.) Try coupon code BBQHACKREDDIT for 10% off your order.  I believe this is a code that will only work so many times so it is YMMV.  Heck it may even be a mistake that they haven't deactivated it.
2.) Activate 5% cash back with your Discover card and use PayPal to check out. 

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 06:29:52 PM »
Got mine in the mail and dang these things are wicked.  Spatula, burger press, bacon press, and bedside weapon for when something goes bump in the night.