Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Replacement bowl vent dampers  (Read 21432 times)

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
Replacement bowl vent dampers
« on: June 06, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »
Anyone know the cost of replacing the bowl vent dampers through Weber? Mine are very loose and I keep forgetting to call during the week and can't seem to get through to customer service on weekends. I just want a cost comparison, cheapest I've found is 25$ with shipping.

Thanks
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

magic mike

• WKC Brave
Re: Replacement bowl vent dampers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 04:29:13 AM »

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 04:59:37 AM »
I'm 10 cooks in on my 26er and on the 4th cook I noticed they were bent.  Either came that way or something happened.  Emailed Weber but haven't hear back.  See attached.
Anyone know the cost of replacing the bowl vent dampers through Weber? Mine are very loose and I keep forgetting to call during the week and can't seem to get through to customer service on weekends. I just want a cost comparison, cheapest I've found is 25$ with shipping.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
Thanks guys, grillparts.com was the cheapest I've found so far for the WSM dampers. Still wondering if direct through weber is cheaper and faster

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-smokey-mountain-parts.asp?product_id=63015

I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 08:54:32 AM »
Oh.............this IS the WSM forum, and I posted a link for the kettle.  Sorry! :-[ :-[

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 05:26:18 PM »
I'm in the same situation,  but I am going to try reshaping my old vents. They are just thin aluminum. I can buy the bolts and nuts to reattach them for a lot less than $25.

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 08:41:49 PM »
Well I ordered them from Weber on 6/10 they were a few bucks cheaper than grillparts (which has them currently on backorder until 7/10), and once they were shipped only took 3 days Fedex ground plus a Saturday postal delivery.  Grillparts originally said 10-14 days to receive from Weber plus another 3-7 days from them. The funny part is the warehouse is about an hour drive from my house, yet fedex shipped up to New Berlin, WI then to Indianapolis, IN then to my local post office. Turned a 73 mile trip into a 561 mile odyssey. Arrived today for my birthday and now I have a Fathers day project.

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 08:45:20 PM »
I'm in the same situation,  but I am going to try reshaping my old vents. They are just thin aluminum. I can buy the bolts and nuts to reattach them for a lot less than $25.

I hear you, I probably don't have the patience or the skill to shape them back as nice as I'd want them.

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 07:47:34 AM »
What a difference with the new dampers. Holding temps steady.

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 06:59:20 AM »
Last year I ordered mine from Amazon.com and arrived in two(2) days since I am a Prime Member.

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »
Last year I ordered mine from Amazon.com and arrived in two(2) days since I am a Prime Member.
They are currently around $39 with shipping on amazon.

trza

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 03:18:51 PM »
Thanks guys, grillparts.com was the cheapest I've found so far for the WSM dampers. Still wondering if direct through weber is cheaper and faster

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-smokey-mountain-parts.asp?product_id=63015

My quote from Weber was $17, but $7 shipping unless you buy $50. I want to upgrade to the new legs for my 18 but the last rep wouldn’t let me so I haven’t pulled the trigger.