Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: a little sumpin' sumpin' for HoosierKettle  (Read 974 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
a little sumpin' sumpin' for HoosierKettle
« on: May 25, 2020, 09:16:17 PM »
a small slice of heaven out here in the hinterlands

a two-hour cook to bring the chuck roast up to about 132? on the  mildly-modded JJ. The JJ has the dandy S'nS charcoal basket for 18s. Walmart lump from a few years ago and smoke from the apple tree out yonder.

The tree expired some time ago but I have a bag or two left of cut wood from it ... going on 6-7 years now ... just gotta put a piece on top of the chimney to burn off the bark first.

saddle storage and random old weber crap, stop looking at the mess!! I don't go prying into your boneyard do I??

oops, blurry pic ... first time actually using the corn 'n tater ring since buying it from Bob (not Bob, or Bob, or Bob? or was it Rich?) in STL a few years ago LOL.

OK so the corn was left on too long but had good flavor ... I brushed it with a custom butter/seasoning mix during the cook ... there's some seasoned kale and fresh-made potato salad here too. Gotta use only eggs for that from Jimmy's chickens here, right up the road. One nice thing about country living is that you never have to refrigerate your eggs. Just rinse off the dried feathers and "other stuff" and you're good to go. And they're $1.50 /dozen, and never a worry about what they ate or how they were treated.

That was pepper stout beef but with IPA instead of stout. The angus beef was so good I almost didn't complete it to add the beer/peppers/and so on. Added the rest of the ingredients from memory ... and finished in the oven.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: a little sumpin' sumpin' for HoosierKettle
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 04:00:50 AM »
Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 04:57:06 AM »
now that is what I'm talking about !! looks grate
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 08:02:51 AM »
Fun post.... The corn looks good to me - I like my grilled corn on the well done side, even a little charred sometimes.  Would be fun to have that corn/tater ring.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 11:06:37 AM »
Looking good!

Glad to see you back too. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 11:27:57 AM »
Well-done! And what fun would be to not snoop through your bone yard?!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club