Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dallas East Side  (Read 1917 times)

iCantQue

• Happy Cooker
Dallas East Side
« on: May 19, 2020, 05:58:03 AM »
Hello from the east suburbs of Dallas, Tx. 

The wife bought me a pre-emptive Father's Day Gift last night - a Copper (color) Performer Deluxe - that I'm leaving work early to go pick up this afternoon.  I guess I do alright around a grill, but I know there's a lot of you out there that have all things grill-related down to a fine science of times, temps, and recipes.  Me, on the other hand, I just kind of wing it and the only real experimentation I've done is with figuring out what works best to get my coals lit. 

That little endeavor started with the junk grill I inherited when my wife and I got married... I think it was a $30 Walmart special took me years to figure out how to keep it lit and get it to heat evenly.  My final adventure there ended with a little battery-operated air blower that I found on Amazon.  Eventually, we moved and the junk grill went to the dump where it belonged.  The wife promised me a nice grill, but a lot of the reviews for grills in our price range convinced me I would be paying several hundred dollars for something that would rust out in a year or two.  So, I decided to bide my time until we could afford something I'd really like and ended up grabbing a little Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman's Grill that I can keep around for road trips/vacations.  Around that time, I also discovered the joys of charcoal starter chimneys.  The Lodge has a been small, but with the chimney, it starts fast, holds a nice even heat, and has allowed me to grill some (at least in my mind) decent, juicy steaks. 

Anyway, among all my hobbies, one thing is pretty consistent and that is my desire to upgrade/mod my things to make them my own.  And this morning, that led me here. 

So, I look forward to chatting with all of you and browsing the grill mods subforum.  I already have an idea brewing about making some sort of wood prep table...

-Drew

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Dallas East Side
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 06:07:52 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga plenty of help here to get you going with your new Performer, have fun and don't stress about your cooks is my advice, after that you will be good
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 06:35:15 AM »
Welcome from the Rocket City, Huntsville Alabama!  You'll find that with a few cooks under your belt using a quality grill along with temperature sensing and the ability / desire to cook at certain temps for certain foods you'll hone your skills quickly.  Grate group of guys (and gals) here that I've learned so much from.  It's also fun to share pics of your grill and the wonderful food you make.  Heck, I even share pics of burger cooks on here which to me is fun.  Enjoy your new Weber!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 08:39:59 AM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  You’re getting a grate grill in a gorgeous color...congrats!!!   Lotta resources here on the WKC, so you’ll learn at an accelerated pace. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

iCantQue

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 06:16:47 PM »
Just a little glimpse of the afternoon and evening...

Post festivities, I’ve been browsing the web, drooling at the Slow n Sear, a riser, and all of the other cool accessories and mods out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Dallas East Side
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 06:25:02 PM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana!   Enjoy that grill and most important, have fun!!

You’re first cook turned out just fine. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 07:35:15 PM »
Welcome Drew, glad to see another Dallas resident here.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
ISO Red Outrider.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 06:41:12 PM »
Welcome from a former Lakewood resident
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.