Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lid Handle Suggestions  (Read 2371 times)

2lflat4

• Happy Cooker
Lid Handle Suggestions
« on: May 16, 2020, 03:41:54 AM »
Hello

I have an extra lid for a 26 in kettle I cut for use as a pizza oven. I need a lid handle and I am hesitant to purchase the one from weber. I’m looking for ideas / suggestions. What have you all come up with?
Lang 48 Patio
Weber 26 Kettle & Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis Gasser

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lid Handle Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:29:02 AM »
I am guessing you are worried about the handle getting too hot and melting? 

1. One option is to just go bare metal on the lid handle but if you (or someone else) forgets to grab it with gloves it might be an ER visit.
2. Buy some wood handles from a donor or make some basic ones.  Nice ones can be purchased but for a pizza lid I would use something cheap and junky.
3. There are some wire coil handles that can be bought and used. The coil could still be hot but not as bad as a bare strap.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 07:17:38 AM »
Someone has that handle that looks like a barrel shroud from a machine gun. Idk if I saw it here,or maybe facebook. You might still need the gloves, but it looks bad ass. Let me see if I  an find it

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 12:43:16 PM »
Wood handles work fine on high heat

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

tvt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 12:45:55 PM »
Remove handle from and old Weber charcoal chimney, cut, bend, drill and you’ll have a very sturdy handle. I did that with a 26er lid that I found on the curb, I use the lid as a cover for my fire pit

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 04:57:43 AM »
Someone has that handle that looks like a barrel shroud from a machine gun. Idk if I saw it here,or maybe facebook. You might still need the gloves, but it looks bad ass. Let me see if I  an find it

@Walchit
The person that made those handles has recently been banned and it's extremely unlikely you will ever see another one or any other creations from that member...

IMG_5947.jpg" border="0
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 05:25:18 AM »
I hear ya, I couldn't remember where I even saw it lol. Thanks for the pic! I think the one I saw was chrome, but looked just like that

2lflat4

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 08:28:33 AM »
Thanks for the ideas everyone! It looks like Ill have to head to the hardware store soon.
Lang 48 Patio
Weber 26 Kettle & Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis Gasser

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 10:13:02 AM »

@Walchit
The person that made those handles has recently been banned and it's extremely unlikely you will ever see another one or any other creations from that member...

IMG_5947.jpg" border="0

If he liked this style it really wouldn't be that hard to replicate as long as he had a drill press, an angle grinder with a cut off wheel, and a multitool/Dremel with a grinder tip.  I would just use some aluminum pipe, make my cuts, drill my holes, and grind it smooth. 
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.