Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow N Sear Kettle Grill!  (Read 1309 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Slow N Sear Kettle Grill!
« on: April 24, 2020, 08:48:42 AM »
Wow!  I am surprised at this! 

https://snsgrills.com/products/kettle-grill?variant=31885091242020

Looks like a neat product...I'm curious if Weber will be upset. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: Slow N Sear Kettle Grill!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 09:05:33 AM »
Wow!  I am surprised at this! 

https://snsgrills.com/products/kettle-grill?variant=31885091242020

Looks like a neat product...I'm curious if Weber will be upset.
I wouldnt think Weber would mind much. It looks just like the Sam's club knockoff.
Only thing that looks like an exact rip off is the lid bale.

If you were coming from microwave to master griller this would be awesome. I would imagine most people start slow and ramp up. If if they have more money then sense I would think they would start with a pellet or performer.

Best of luck to any business make a good go at it right now. Doesn't look too cheap or junky just isnt enough for me to want to try.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

Uknow

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 09:06:53 AM »
Looks pretty awesome, it's basically a Weber clone with 4 legs. The cooking grate is only hinged on one side, but it's larger section that's hinged, so that could work better for easier access to the coals. Price seems good to for all you get. Not sure I'd stray from my Weber's though. Maybe if I was in the market for something new.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

04' & 08' Black Original 22" Kettle, a Smokey Joe & a 1975 Gray MBH Kettle

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »
I'm pretty sure it IS the sams club knock off lol. They probably cut a deal with the sams/Walmart house brand grills and kamado to skip the r&d part and just pump out a "you pay for the name" money grab

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 09:18:33 AM »

I'm pretty sure it IS the sams club knock off lol. They probably cut a deal with the sams/Walmart house brand grills and kamado to skip the r&d part and just pump out a "you pay for the name" money grab

Agree. It’s no daisy. It’s no daisy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 10:24:09 AM »
I posted on this when he showed everyone a preview on facebook.  I thought this would have included the SnS insert looks like it does not, it does have a lot of nice features bit to me not enough to justify the cost.  If I am looking at a new blue master touch @ $220 or this @ $279, I am going with tried and try.

I wish David the best but I am not seeing this as a big item for SnS Grills.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 10:28:08 AM »
I wonder if one will look like this in 50 years....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 11:36:57 AM »
Wait...It has an easy spin grate, but no charcoal basket or SNS? That’s like Michelin or Goodyear opting to produce and sell cars...then not including tires as a standard feature.

bmcneely51

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 11:38:17 AM »
It's so ugly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Uknow

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 11:38:49 AM »
Wait...It has an easy spin grate, but no charcoal basket or SNS? That’s like Michelin or Goodyear opting to produce and sell cars...then not including tires as a standard feature.

Yeah, it's $60 more than a Master Touch ($219), but still doesn't include the Slow N' Sear basket...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
04' & 08' Black Original 22" Kettle, a Smokey Joe & a 1975 Gray MBH Kettle

KevinInStL

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 12:37:35 PM »

Haha yeah exactly. Makes no sense to me
ISO: Dark red/crimson mist kettle (cooker condition). 18" preferred, but a 22" would be awesome too.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 01:03:52 PM »
I posted on this when he showed everyone a preview on facebook.  I thought this would have included the SnS insert looks like it does not, it does have a lot of nice features bit to me not enough to justify the cost.  If I am looking at a new blue master touch @ $220 or this @ $279, I am going with tried and try.

I wish David the best but I am not seeing this as a big item for SnS Grills.

Oh I remember that topic... (insert sitcom wavy lines letting you know you're going back to a previous episode)
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 01:26:42 PM »
Saw the price point - as I mentioned in the previous post, it's gonna be a hard no from me without including the slow-n-sear. $279 is a premium price for an unproven base model kettle grill with a few built-in mods. I will happily admit that the built-in probe hole is a good idea and a differentiator from the Weber kettle, but it's not worth $279. I do wish them good luck and success as they have been a reliable after-market supplier to Weber kettle owners for many years.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2020, 08:02:17 AM »

Seems like it is more of a Napoleon NK22K-LEG22 than a mere Sam's club model.  There are some good features on it and a good warranty.  Will be interesting to see if it is successful.  My guess is that with availability as on-line only and without big name recognition, it will be slow going at first.   

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2020, 10:04:23 AM »
Baby back maniac posted a picture of one on Instagram so there will be a video on it soon