Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First world problem  (Read 3284 times)

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
First world problem
« on: April 25, 2020, 09:01:36 AM »
Some of us don't sit around collecting free money on unemployment. I finally get a day off and I need to call Weber for about five different Kettle or pits and they're freaking closed!
Ryan  Andrew Moore

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: First world problem
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 10:35:48 AM »
Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 10:53:52 AM »

Some of us don't sit around collecting free money on unemployment. I finally get a day off and I need to call Weber for about five different Kettle or pits and they're freaking closed!

I’m not saying it’s not frustrating but if one of your bigger problems is that Weber’s not open when you call...you’re doing all right in my book. A lot of people wish they could be working.  BBQ’ing does take work and is not for the lazy people and I would guess most on this site are hard workers and hopefully any people not working involuntarily get back to work real soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »
Some of us wish we were working. Not sure if I will still have a job or not after all of this. Agreed, if this is your biggest complaint in life, you truly are doing ok. My unemployment only pays a fraction of my regular paycheck... while I completely support social distanceing, it sure as hell wasn't my choice to go on unemployment...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »
I’ve never had to contact Weber ever. What is it you need?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 01:42:04 PM »
And why that many grills?  Do you need parts or something?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
First world problem
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 01:47:55 PM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 02:04:35 PM by HoosierKettle »

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 02:21:52 PM »
Those of us on unemployment didn't choose to be. If not getting grill parts is your major complaint, good for you. We don't care to hear your pissing and moaning. Grow the fuck up.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 02:52:51 PM »
No need to pile on.  I'm sure he didn't mean it like that.  When I read it, I got the impression that he has been having to work a lot of hours and days in a row and is just a bit frazzled because he has been looking forward to fixing some of his acquisitions and bummed.  Because of the long hours, he is probably a bit envious of the time off that others have (well during the time period that those will have larger unemployment compensation anyway).  But, I'm sure he actually understands that few (if anyone) chooses to be unemployed. 

Please kindly give him a break.
regards,
Hal

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
First world problem
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 05:25:03 PM »
No need to pile on.  I'm sure he didn't mean it like that.  When I read it, I got the impression that he has been having to work a lot of hours and days in a row and is just a bit frazzled because he has been looking forward to fixing some of his acquisitions and bummed.  Because of the long hours, he is probably a bit envious of the time off that others have (well during the time period that those will have larger unemployment compensation anyway).  But, I'm sure he actually understands that few (if anyone) chooses to be unemployed. 

Please kindly give him a break.

No need to moderate.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 05:27:30 PM by HoosierKettle »

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 05:53:20 PM »
@HoosierKettle Just trying to add a little sanity into the thread.  That, and perhaps prevent another member from throwing in the towel here because a bunch of people pile on & nobody really speaks up for the member.  We've all seen it happen before.
regards,
Hal

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
So key words " 1st world problem " .  Just a warranty issue on two Webers . Apparently I came off uppity!  It was pouring rain and was cooking bacon. I just felt like life was good even though the rain and not being able to get through . My Crate and Barrel performer lid roller thing melted a little. And my old spirt 300 I had a question about. .  I didn't on purpose mean to offend. It tough I know.

Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »

It was the 1st cook , just excited is all
Ryan  Andrew Moore

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 07:21:38 PM »
Good looking cook!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger