Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First world problem  (Read 3283 times)

Drenno

• Smokey Joe
Re: First world problem
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 09:51:41 PM »
What’s with all the hostility? It’s a tough time for everyone, whether they’re in a job or not. It’s the internet, no need to get upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 06:53:55 AM »
Lol I work at an essential business (I'm a mechanic at a dealership) and half our store got laid off including me. Worse than weber being closed is trying to contact unemployment and the recording telling you they are not taking calls use the website but the website is what you are having issues with and the website tells you to call if you need help lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »
I am not sure how to take this, when I read the initial post the comment "Some of us don't sit around collecting free money on unemployment" seems a bit harsh.  I think those who are getting the "free" money would rather be working for it.  I can see where this can be taking the wrong way.  That said I am not sure the initial poster really meant to come across so negative towards anyone out of a job and uncertain about what the future looks like.  No doubt about it, we do not go back to life as usual.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 09:46:07 PM »
I called today for parts.  Patience is a huge key.  I was on hold for about half an hour.  Good thing it was during a 12 hour drive home, I had time to burn. 
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2020, 03:33:18 AM »
Last time I called Weber there was a pretty long hold, but once I got through they were extremely helpful.  Definitely worth the wait.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2020, 06:43:03 AM »
My understanding that what people often referred to as the company store was actually just part of the parts department.  As noted in other threads, it closed to the public and was going to moved from the Palatine location (most of the rest of the company was already moved out of there not very long ago, although it seems like ages).

That might be part of the reason for longer than normal hold times, they might still be in the process of moving or "reorganizing" after the move. 
regards,
Hal