Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rainy day recovery  (Read 5083 times)

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
Rainy day recovery
« on: April 01, 2020, 08:04:26 AM »
I work in healthcare and am lucky enough to still work during the week, so I am making the best of my weekends on lockdown. This past Saturday I had a brisket and pork butt cook planned, but we had off and on rain and wind speeds increasing by the hour. So I moved from my deck to the side of the house in an area that gets rarely used. Luckily I bought a canopy super cheap this winter and had some pallets around and made some emergency stairs. I did back to back hot and fast cooks and the day went well. Hope everyone is safe and healthy, keep on grilling and smoking!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
Re: Rainy day recovery
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 10:08:32 PM »
Only thing keeping me sane alongside a spot of DIY.

The tray to protect the grass & more importantly does it work?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rainy day recovery
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 06:43:56 AM »
Only thing keeping me sane alongside a spot of DIY.

The tray to protect the grass & more importantly does it work?

I hear you! My wife is working from home and it's driving her crazy.

I bought the tray at Home Depot, it is a 22" water heater pan for use on the deck. Once in a while I get some falling ash or grease filled condensation drips and the pan contains those perfectly. I used it in the yard for a little extra stability on the uneven ground and it definitely helped.
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.