Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs n leg quarters SmokeFire  (Read 1115 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Ribs n leg quarters SmokeFire
« on: March 30, 2020, 11:31:09 AM »
So we bought some ribs a week or so ago. Decided to do them today. Some leg quarters too. Fired up the SmokeFire, as it’s getting redeye I’m waiting, will post more pics as we progress. I added a couple of drip pans at the bottom of the SF. Avoiding possible flare ups. (Not that I’ve had an issue so far!!) just a side note, using cherry wood pellets. New pellet ramp installed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:44:23 PM by bbqking01 »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribs n leg quarters SmokeFire
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 11:49:03 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the end results!

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 01:45:52 PM »
First picture is first hour, second is hour 2. One more then we wrap, and wait

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 02:47:36 PM »
And at approx 150 per rack we wrapped, added a lot of the juice I been spraying, put back on and added the chicken, first pic is just before wrapping, second is both sets on the SF. Also, even with the ramp, it’s still caving in where the auger is. Don’t know if it would shut itself off though. Add the beans...
Adding almost finished meat pics. Opened the foil and added butter and brown sugar baste to the ribs, about to add bbq to the chicken.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:21:42 PM by bbqking01 »

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 07:53:19 PM »
So I did not like the results. The ribs seem to have stalled...just not fond of the pellet taste..sigh...chicken skin was petrified! The ribs were a hit with everyone but me...I just prefer charcoal and wood. Maybe I’m just doing it wrong...chicken was good, just couldn’t eat the skin...ribs...225 for 3 hours...sprayed every 45-60 minutes. Wrapped at 3 hours, added liquid to the foil. Then 2 more hours in wrap, opened and basted with butter and brown sugar. Left the open for another hour. The last hour at 250. They tasted very good, just not the regular charcoal wood smoke taste. The pork roast I did had the same type of weird outer smoke,caramelized texture. Similar funky wood taste. Did have smoke ring though.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:20:51 PM by bbqking01 »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 02:33:14 AM »
Ribs look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app