Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anybody affected by Coronavirus yet?  (Read 21709 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Anybody affected by Coronavirus yet?
« on: March 15, 2020, 11:27:04 PM »
I hope everyone is staying calm and safe as the numbers grow in the U.S.  No confirmed cases in this area, yet. As usual, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  Along with all the school and sports suspensions, I see NY and LA have ordered bars and restaurants closed.  I work in a bar in Duluth, and suspect that trend may continue.  I could use a little time away from people at the cabin anyway, preferably without being sick.  My Mom plays piano sing-alongs at assisted living homes and that's all been cancelled.  People who know what they are talking about say it will get worse before it gets better.  I'm more worried about my folks, than myself.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:27:18 AM by Grillagin »

randy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Anybody affected by Coronavirus yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 01:38:07 AM »
Currently out of work, I’m the mechanic for a local school system.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 03:10:37 AM »
My area has a few community spread cases. I’m a software engineer at Ford and on Friday they told the entire company to work from home until further notice (for the groups who can do so) to try and slow the spread of this thing. Also all the schools in Michigan have been closed. Kind of feel like I’m living in the twilight zone.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 04:38:47 AM »
My mother does the same type of thing in Florida. They have cancelled all of the outside entertainers there as well.
Schools, restaurants and bars are also closed for dine in here in Illinois. Curbside pickup and delivery only starting tonight.
I hope everyone is staying calm and safe as the numbers grow in the U.S.  No confirmed cases in this area, yet. As usual, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  Along with all the school and sports suspensions, I see NY and LA have ordered bars and restaurants closed.  I work in a bar in Duluth, and suspect that trend may continue.  I could use a little time away from people at the cabin anyway, preferably without being sick.  My Mom plays piano sing-alongs at assisted living homes and that's all been cancelled.  People who know what they are talking about say it will get worse before it gets better.  I'm more worried about my folks, than myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:59:37 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 04:46:45 AM »
My job is tied directly to the airline industry, Delta specifically and it ain't pretty. My wife is a nurse, you would think that would be a good thing but it's not. We will ride it out what else can we do?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 05:40:54 AM »
I work in a clinical lab that serves the clinical trial business.  Fortunately, it’s been business as usual although test volumes have been less.  Fewer patients are going to get their labs done.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 06:30:05 AM »
I had to close my church doors to the public and our 10 AM service is only available live on the radio and on-line.  This is going to last for awhile.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 07:31:23 AM »
I work on the engineering side for a Cable/ISP, so it is more important now than ever to keep services operational for our customers.  I only come in contact with the few co-workers in my area in computer room environments, so business as usual for us. 

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 07:46:48 AM »
I’m a electrical superintendent that specializes in new multifamily projects and currently doing one in downtown Memphis. It’s business as usual for us .

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »
I work in IT for a local Hospital, the world is turning upside down here.  Crazy how much things can change in just 7 short days.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 11:46:53 AM »
I am a teacher, and we are transitioning to all online lessons...based on what I just heard from the CDC/press conference, I'm starting to wonder if we will be back in person this year.  What a week...
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »
I'm a finance guy at a methadone treatment nonprofit organization with 12 locations - we get 95% of our funding from state and federal sources, so we're open but taking all kinds of precautions in the management office.  Wife is a junior high school teacher and her school, along with our kids' high school, are doing e-learning sessions for the next 3 weeks.  I consider myself lucky to still be working full time, and I know the state/federal governments could pull the plug any time.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 02:20:55 PM »
I am a firefighter/EMT in a suburb of  Phoenix, so it is business as usual, sort of.
 We are modifying many of our response protocols to prepare for contact with this virus.
We have also suspended all non-essential contact with the public.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 07:10:12 PM »
We’ve been working from home for fibre channel tech support. Wife’s school has closed down.

We’ll see how long it takes for me to get on her nerves.
Dude, relax your chicken.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2020, 08:47:32 PM »
The bay area is on lock down starting 12am for 3 weeks. We can leave to go to work, store and to check on people. They said we can get out and take walks and stuff too ( for now)
Only emergency staff, automotive repair, gas stations, banks, hospitals , grocery stores and restaurants are only doing drive through or delivery orders.
 Work has been slow already because of this and now we are right on the edge of closing. Luckily California has put in place good measures to protect people. And most company's are not penalizing for late payments during this.

Shits gonna get crazy here if they put us on full lock down.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app