Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from West Jordan, Utah!  (Read 2817 times)

DuckFin90

• Happy Cooker
Hello from West Jordan, Utah!
« on: April 07, 2020, 05:33:02 PM »
My name is Layne, 29m living smack-dab in the middle of the Salt Lake Valley!

Just rescued a 2017 Weber 741001 22" Charcoal Kettle from a family whose HOA has banned Charcoal Grills.

I got it all cleaned up, looking next-to-new, and grilled up some Ribeyes for the inaugural grill. They turned out pretty dang good! I am a total greenhorn when it comes to grilling (nothing more than burgers and brats).

I am excited to find such an active community celebrating the art of grilling. I hope you are all safe, and healthy during this trying time.

Thanks for having me! - L

Lilyankee

• WKC Brave
Re: Hello from West Jordan, Utah!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 03:08:04 AM »
Welcome from Green Bay Wisconsin! Your in the right place! Congratulations on your kettle score, hopefully the first of many to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 03:15:08 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. lots of grate folks here willing to help and have some fun. Grilling should always be fun !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 05:30:43 AM »
Welcome from Highland Park, Illinois (just north of Chicago)! Ribeyes are where it's at!!! I've learned a ton from this group, from grilling/BBQ methods to mods to accessories. This place has so much wisdom and folks who simply love to help. We love pictures here, so share away!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 09:05:35 AM »
Welcome from Wisconsin.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 10:02:52 AM »
Welcome sir from the Rocket City Huntsville, Alabama! 

bbqmike

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 03:43:45 PM »
Welcome from your neighbor in Willard, Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 05:30:45 PM »
I've been to West Jordan right near South Valley airport, Beautiful area. Welcome from just south of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 02:42:21 PM »
Hello Layne.  Sounds like a decent score, especially as it sounded like it was FREE!!

I used to only grill burgers, brats, steaks, maybe a chicken breast for years until I bought a smoker.

Look at the search function or maybe try Youtube to check out the "snake method" and the "minion method".  Opens up so many more options.  Keep an eye out for a cheap used rotisserie.  Sometimes you can get one free with a used kettle & then just sell the kettle if it isn't something you don't really want (at least that is what I keep telling myself).
regards,
Hal