Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pimped my Used WSM 22.5  (Read 30786 times)

MikekiM

• Smokey Joe
Re: Pimped my Used WSM 22.5
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2020, 02:05:21 PM »
Curious what paint you used.  I have a few things I want to paint to match the porcelain..  Could you post a pic of the paint can please?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2020, 03:45:23 PM »
Curious what paint you used.  I have a few things I want to paint to match the porcelain..  Could you post a pic of the paint can please?

Sure, no problem.  I started with high temp primer.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CT499O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And used high temp black and red.  The black is not as shiny as I'd like, but has held up well.  I understand that some use this red for touching up kettles.  I've not used it for that.  No peeling or flaking whatsoever on anything I've painted with this including the WSM lavalock door that gets probably up to 350F.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B68V90/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002988HSI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2020, 04:55:07 PM »
That’s one pimped 22” WSM!
Nice attention to detail.

You need to smoke your first packer brisket and post some pics.

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »

Cheers

Have never tried a brisket... watched many videos from T-Roy and Harry Soo who both do it well on a WSM, but have not pulled the trigger.  On my to do list after vacations the next two months.  Maybe November....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2020, 08:56:56 AM »
WTFark! I'm a bit late to the party, but that's some serious mod going on. Awesome!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2020, 04:30:51 AM »

Cheers

Have never tried a brisket... watched many videos from T-Roy and Harry Soo who both do it well on a WSM, but have not pulled the trigger.  On my to do list after vacations the next two months.  Maybe November....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I had to google who T-Roy and Harry Soo were. I don't watch cooking videos or TV.

I will be smoking a packer on my 26er GB in the next few weeks.

I've seen a few of your cooks posted on WKC and you'll do just fine with brisket. Good luck in November, post pics when you smoke your first brisket.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2020, 05:54:23 AM »
Thanks so much... I'll get around to it for sure.  I picked up watching cooking videos on youtube last year and have learned a lot that way.  I'd rather watch that than the news these days for sure.  Those are just a couple of guys I watch.... if you get bored and want to see some cool cooks look up Woodshed BBQ with Slowhand, Cooking with Ry and a fellow WKC member Grilltherapy.  All very nice different kind of people with a common thread - bbq.  Oh, one other Beers Jack of BBQ is good too.  Although he gave his weber away and now has the SNS kettle of which I'm not a fan but I like his cooking and video production.  Cheers to you!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2020, 08:00:40 AM »
@bamakettles
Thanks for the video suggestions.

I'm looking forward to your SGI beach cooks.

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2020, 08:05:33 AM »
@bamakettles

Cheers

ME TOO!!!  Discussion over the weekend:  "Which kettle to take with us?"  Decent size group for part of the time, so it must be a 22" at least.  Will be loading up the Yukon....

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2020, 06:31:22 PM »
@bamakettles

Cheers

ME TOO!!!  Discussion over the weekend:  "Which kettle to take with us?"  Decent size group for part of the time, so it must be a 22" at least.  Will be loading up the Yukon....
My vote 26er GB as your SGI kettle, her first cook at the beach.
Your beach house is near the SP entrance with fabulous sunrises and sunsets. Take her to the beach at sunrise/sunset and get some grate beach pics!

You only brake in a new kettle once, so why not SGI?

You can tell the grandkids the story of GBs first cook at SGI... go for it, it will be legendary!

GB can be a cooker for a week and a looker the rest of her life!

I better put my beer down, it’s well past my bedtime.
Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2020, 05:40:05 AM »
@bamakettles

Cheers

Your beach house is near the SP entrance with fabulous sunrises and sunsets. Take her to the beach at sunrise/sunset and get some grate beach pics!

You can tell the grandkids the story of GBs first cook at SGI... go for it, it will be legendary!

Cheers

Wonderful idea!  Just gotta see if I have room in the Yukon.... Imagine others around us seeing me take pictures of the GB at sunrise and sunset.  They'd probably think I was nuts.  Definitely considering it!

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2020, 07:09:50 AM »
 Another Vote for the 26er.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 07:12:44 AM by tibas92017 »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2020, 07:30:02 AM »
@bamakettles

Cheers

Cheers

Wonderful idea!  Just gotta see if I have room in the Yukon.... Imagine others around us seeing me take pictures of the GB at sunrise and sunset.  They'd probably think I was nuts.  Definitely considering it!
I got a few crazy looks the last 2 years in Ft. Myers doing kettle shoots on the beach LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2020, 03:07:28 AM »
@bamakettles
What kettle are you taking to SGI ?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2020, 05:38:30 AM »
@bamakettles
What kettle are you taking to SGI ?

Still going over this in my mind.....I don't think I'm going to be able to fit the 26 GB in the car with all we're taking.  Due to Covid, we are bringing lots of groceries from home, extra coolers to get it all there and my oldest son and his stuff are riding with us.  I had settled on the Jumbo Joe due to size and convenience - love the lid bale that doubles as a lid keeper for carrying and not having to assemble a grill at the destination is a plus.  But, not sure it's really big enough.  May try to squeeze in the red LE 22" which I don't really care about getting banged up if it happens - or stolen.  Have had some reports on my SGI FB groups about kayaks and gear being taken from under the houses there.  If that brand new GB was sitting out there I'd be watching it like a hawk and not sure I want that stress either.  It's vacation after all!  Final decision will probably be made just before we go, pending room in the beach buggy.  I'll have a few choices clean and ready for a ride and we'll see what will fit.