Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pimped my Used WSM 22.5  (Read 30893 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pimped my Used WSM 22.5
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2020, 06:19:21 AM »
@bamakettles
What kettle are you taking to SGI ?

Still going over this in my mind.....I don't think I'm going to be able to fit the 26 GB in the car with all we're taking.  Due to Covid, we are bringing lots of groceries from home, extra coolers to get it all there and my oldest son and his stuff are riding with us.  I had settled on the Jumbo Joe due to size and convenience - love the lid bale that doubles as a lid keeper for carrying and not having to assemble a grill at the destination is a plus.  But, not sure it's really big enough.  May try to squeeze in the red LE 22" which I don't really care about getting banged up if it happens - or stolen.  Have had some reports on my SGI FB groups about kayaks and gear being taken from under the houses there.  If that brand new GB was sitting out there I'd be watching it like a hawk and not sure I want that stress either.  It's vacation after all!  Final decision will probably be made just before we go, pending room in the beach buggy.  I'll have a few choices clean and ready for a ride and we'll see what will fit.
jumbo joe and a cga should pack nicely and fit all your needs
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2020, 06:40:37 AM »
Kinda want to try these wheels in the sand lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2020, 06:45:52 AM »
Kinda want to try these wheels in the sand lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
@bamakettles
Red LE 22" would make a good beach cooker.
It would be a cool to take GB to SGI, but your on vacation and don't need to worry about someone stealing GB.

You'll have a grate time no matter what kettle you decide to take.

Safe travels!

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2020, 04:57:36 PM »
Go to the beach they said.... it’ll be fun they said..... might need to stick with the park style grill supplied and anchored in concrete.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2020, 04:23:39 AM »
Go to the beach they said.... it’ll be fun they said..... might need to stick with the park style grill supplied and anchored in concrete.

you should be fine, those 2 storms will be east and west of SGI!! you should have blue skies LOL

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2020, 04:43:09 AM »

You should be okay, worst day would be Monday and into early Tuesday morning. Assuming it stays a tropical storm and does not become a hurricane. From Tuesday morning on it should be beautiful.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2020, 05:33:26 AM »
Thanks @JEBIV and @AZ2FL .... That helps greatly with my positive attitude.  Now if it will stop raining here I can get my grill ready for the trip!