Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Timer for the Weber Performer Deluxe Kettle  (Read 621 times)

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
Weber Timer for the Weber Performer Deluxe Kettle
« on: February 13, 2020, 05:12:56 AM »
My new Weber Performer Deluxe Kettle arrived a few weeks ago all assembled. All I needed to do was to install the Weber Timer(WT) into the slot provided.  Seemed simple enough for any "bonehead" to do, however, after a lot of tries by the wife and I the WT would not fit into this slot. The next day we gave it another-go and the WT did enter but you needed almost a pair of pliers to remove it.  So, any of you WKC Weber Performer Owners having the same problem?

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Timer for the Weber Performer Deluxe Kettle
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 05:20:52 AM »
My new Weber Performer Deluxe Kettle arrived a few weeks ago all assembled. All I needed to do was to install the Weber Timer(WT) into the slot provided.  Seemed simple enough for any "bonehead" to do, however, after a lot of tries by the wife and I the WT would not fit into this slot. The next day we gave it another-go and the WT did enter but you needed almost a pair of pliers to remove it.  So, any of you WKC Weber Performer Owners having the same problem?
I’d call Weber customer service.   They should be able to help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Timer for the Weber Performer Deluxe Kettle
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 05:34:51 AM »
My Performer is older, so it doesn't have the removable timer. However, it looks like you need to push up on it a little, then swing the bottom portion out to remove. If it's binding somewhere, you might be able to see a wear spot in the plastic after removing and replacing it a few times. Then, you can try a little sandpaper on both the timer and the frame area (if accessible) to see if it loosens up. Also, check for packaging remnants that might have gotten inside the housing that could be stuck in there and creating the issue. Otherwise, test Weber's legendary customer service by giving them a call. They may just offer to send you a new part. Let us know if they're still maintaining their reputation.