Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun Bandit Rotisserie(CBR)  (Read 1635 times)

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
Cajun Bandit Rotisserie(CBR)
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:48:30 PM »
I am thinking of adding a CBR to my BBQ Arsenal to use on my Weber Performer Deluxe 22", so, would like to hear comments from some of you CBR Users regarding your likes or dislikes regarding this product.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Cajun Bandit Rotisserie(CBR)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:12:17 PM »
Have one for my 26.75. Love it. Compression fit is better than the old Weber/aftermarket tabbed design IMHo. I have the battery operated motor. No more cords.

The only issue with mine was the with the powder coating on the inner surface (26 is powder coated instead of stainless). They spray on the inside was a little light in the grooves. Masked the line and hit it with a light coat of bbq black. Voila.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 02:52:03 PM »
Mike; thanx for your quick response and I am interested in purchasing the CBR Kit that is Stainless Steel(SS).  I have contacted Chris in the Cajun Bandit Office in which for an additional $80.00 the CBR Kit will include a SS Electric Motor; SS Spit Rod and a pair of SS Pit Forks which will total out around $280.00. I feel that this SS type BBQ Equipment Accessories will provide me with Rust Protection and also more easy to clean.

We do get a lot of power outages where I live so I am also considering the Battery operated CBR Kit. My minimal understanding of this CBR Kit with the electrical cord is somewhat more powerful??

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:15:48 AM by tibas92017 »

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 07:37:41 PM »
Your call on all the extra stainless steel. The parts that CB uses are from OneGrill, so you can always buy them later if you want (and they are a little cheaper). I have the regular spit and forks and no rust after a few years.

I have the battery motor with optional plug. I’ve only used it with batteries (and I think I’m still on the original set of batteries). It has spun 18-20lbs of chicken (3x6lb birds)with no problem and @inkaddictedchef1 borrowed it once to spin a porchetta at work. Realistically you aren’t going to need much more power to spin anything on a kettle (22” or 26”). If you’re remote or if power outages are probable, then buy a $14 multi pack of D batteries and you’ll be set for a long time. The battery motor has an optional AC Jack. I think the plug for it is extra...but again...OneGrill might have it cheaper.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 05:32:06 AM »
I bought the 26 inch roti from Spitfire Grilling on etsy.  I am quite happy with it.  It also uses the OneGrill spit and motor. The motor is plug in, not battery.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 02:27:16 AM »
@Cajun Bandit Users Group on FB
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 02:57:10 AM »
I have one for my 22 and while it’s not in constant use, I am thoroughly happy with my purchase and would buy again. It’s a beast. Nice and heavy as it should be. I ended up getting the electric adapter after a Thanksgiving “shit, I think the batteries are dead” incident and now use the plug, but it also works fine on battery. I’ve only spun birds so far. I’ll probably buy some baskets for it this summer to expand my repertoire. I love a nice $5 Costco roti chicken...and the one I can make on the Bandit makes that Costco bird taste like a amateur hour. Lol. I’ve gotten to the point where if I’m spinning one bird, I may as well spin two, because there’s 10,000 uses leftover roti chicken (hello chicken salad and enchiladas) and there’s simply no other way to duplicate that awesome flavor. Yep, I’m a fan and when asked, I always say that if it’s in your budget, it’s a great buy.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 04:32:34 AM »
Man $280 is a heavy price tag when the weber one runs $150.
I’ve got the weber and it works perfectly

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 10:56:23 AM »
I’ve got the CB SS reversible roti and really like it. I use both on my SSP and my 22” WSM.

My only complaint is that, while it seals well to between the cooker and the lid, it really leaks through the unused set of holes. I fabricated a set of covers for the unused holes. Wish CB would supply these.

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 05:03:37 AM »
Man $280 is a heavy price tag when the weber one runs $150.
I’ve got the weber and it works perfectly

On Amazon the Weber Rotisserie Now costs around $180 and the CBR Battery operated is around the same price. The $280 that was quoted by CB was for a ALL Stainless Steel(SS) Kit(Electric SS Spit Motor, SS Spit Fork and two SS Forks). Thanx for the reply and also thanx to all the other Forum Members that replied.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 05:08:17 AM by tibas92017 »

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 08:14:27 AM »
Cajun Bandit items are 10% off through Feb 25. Use code:MARDIGRAS