Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Some more Pizza!  (Read 1399 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Some more Pizza!
« on: June 22, 2013, 05:47:55 PM »
This came out so good! After a few trials and errors I think I have my system down for this food item. I spread the coals into a ring around the outside of the bowl and then raise my pan up off the grate with the charcoal trays upside down and get a good hot temp without too much right under the pizza. About 15 minutes and it is ready to come off. I peek under the crust to see if it has started to brown.....If it has I pull it off and try to remove it from the pan as soon as I can or it will continue to cook since the cast iron is still blazing hot! I did up some more German pancakes this morning with the same method but with a little less heat and They came out done just right. You may also be able to see my newly cleaned lid looking all shiny and new....was long overdue for a cleaning. Sorry I know that I have already posted pics of pizza before but since I enjoy seeing what others have been cooking I figured that others here like pictures too. As a side note, I don't think I will ever feel the need to buy commercial pizza again unless it is a last minute thing...too busy to make dinner and need to get something quick.....this pizza on the grill is just plain KICKASS!

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Some more Pizza!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »
Hot and ready for $5 anytime right?! That looks great! Going to try this method since I left my fire bricks in pa!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

etruax

• WKC Brave
Re: Some more Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 06:12:47 PM »
Is that a store bought crust, sauce, etc.?

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Re: Some more Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »
The crust is from a pizza place down the street. They sell the dough for a couple bucks. The funny thing is that their pizza is not very good but their dough makes good pizza when we make them. We used to make our own dough, once when I already had the fire going the dough just was not setting up right so I ran down there and bought a ball of dough. It is easier than making it and cheaper too so we just kept using theirs. The sauce is Paul Newman's marinara .
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!