Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First brisket  (Read 1319 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: First brisket
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 04:54:00 PM »
Came out ok, flat was kinda dry but the point was juicy. Not gonna lie kinda prefer pulled pork for the price and how much it yields. Good first try mom day and aunt came over and they all liked it my kids liked it so that's a solid win

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »
Looks good but I agree, for the money I’ll mostly smoke pork shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 10:24:05 AM »
Looks grate!  More than any other cut, brisket has taken the most practice to get it where I want.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 05:29:57 AM »
Thank you for sharing! It looks like you had fun with it, and that's half the effort right there. So easy to get bogged down - looks like it turned out solid!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 03:29:16 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time cooking it, people enjoyed it, and you learned a little. Hot & fast is good but fast & furious dont give a guy enough time to enjoy his beer.

Iv cooked  brisket alota ways, marinated in Dr.Pepper even (dont bother), but i found over time that minimal trimming turns out best for me as far as flavor and quality go. Most guys dont like floppin a big hunk of gellified fat in their mouth due mostly to texture issue, but i have to tell ya its worth trying because the flavor is outstanding, especially with a good coat of rub on it. If you ever get a chance try some thats cooked in a wood fired BBQ do it. The air flow in a stick burner is far superior to a charcoal grill and can make bark crispy and smokey in a way charcoal grills cant.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need