Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pat Pending Brownie with Blue Interior  (Read 1555 times)

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
Pat Pending Brownie with Blue Interior
« on: November 20, 2019, 11:34:32 AM »
I was cleaning a Pat Pending Brownie to sell and I discovered it's blue interior.  I know reds and a few Glen Blues has the red interior.  Anyone know other colors with a blue inside?  A black lid is for comparison.
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pat Pending Brownie with Blue Interior
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
Seems to me I have one besides red with a blueish tint, I will look, I really like it
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »
Something tells me that “selling it” is off the table now[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »
@brewtownbeatdown   Nope, still going to list it.  The wheels and bottom vents are not period correct. 

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 12:24:13 PM »
That blue hue would cause me to hesitate, but I would still sell it too.  Used to be one of my favorite kettle colors, but now I just don’t feel it anymore[emoji22]

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 12:39:14 PM »
I did hesitate but i have another brownie so I'll let this one go to someone who'll enjoy a good meal from it

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 12:22:21 PM »

Learned an interesting piece of Weber history yesterday in regards to these blue interior colored kettles.  Thought it was worth sharing.   Here's a quote from @GrillGiant from a Facebook post yesterday. 

"Weber used several (like 6) different porcelain enamel shops before creating their own in house...if blue...porcelain was done outside of Weber."

This brings up another question.  Do we know what year Weber created their own porcelain division? 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 12:26:50 PM »

Learned an interesting piece of Weber history yesterday in regards to these blue interior colored kettles.  Thought it was worth sharing.   Here's a quote from @GrillGiant from a Facebook post yesterday. 

"Weber used several (like 6) different porcelain enamel shops before creating their own in house...if blue...porcelain was done outside of Weber."

This brings up another question.  Do we know what year Weber created their own porcelain division?
1969 according to this article

https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/behind-the-grill/remember-the-weber-red-kettles/weber-29486.html

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 02:39:37 PM »
So this could be a '68 brownie (it's a non thumbscrew)

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Pat Pending Brownie with Blue Interior
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 02:46:09 PM »
My ‘68 Aristocrat has the blue hue interior.  Most blue hue kettles I’ve seen date to 67-‘68.  I’m guessing that this porcelain company had a contract for (X) amount of units, so that might explain why it’s a Pat. Pending with blue hued interior.  Early, early ‘69[emoji848]?

Cellar2ful

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 03:13:10 PM »

I have a red 22" that has the blue interior porcelain. It has Pat # lid vent, plastic wheels w/ plastic treads and small lid and bowl tabs which I believe makes it a 73-74 by the WKC Age Guide.   It says in the Weber article posted by @michaelmilitello  that Weber would still use outside vendors after 1969 if they were overwhelmed with orders. I guess this red one was produced during one of those times.  It has the bluest interior of any kettle I have seen.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »
Dang that is a gorgeous color combo[emoji7]

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 07:03:35 PM »
I have that redheads twin on my patio Jim.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2019, 07:10:09 AM »
My 1960’s Ambassador has a navy blue interior.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2019, 07:52:19 AM »
Dam Harris that is so cool!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app