Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Member from greater metro Phoenix area  (Read 6295 times)

M_C_1976

• Smokey Joe
New Member from greater metro Phoenix area
« on: October 26, 2019, 10:05:58 AM »
Hello all.  Been lurking for a while and really enjoy the content here, so wanted to make an introduction.  I'm just an everyday guy who enjoys cooking good backyard BBQ.  My Weber stable consists of a plain black 22" 1997 kettle that I've been cooking on, well since 1997.  Recently, I added a 2004 Black SSP purchased used from a fellow in Mesa, who is likely a member of this forum.  The performer has been an absolute game changer for me, with the cart, propane assist, sweeping vent system and ash collector it leaves me wondering "Why did I wait so long to upgrade?".  The old kettle, is now relegated to vortex chicken, with all dampers open all the time!  Everything else is done on the performer now.
After my old Kenmore gasser burned up about 5 years ago, I went a few years with only charcoal grills & smokers until one day while cruising the neighborhood, I spot a Weber grill with a "free" sign posted on it.  Naturally, I scooped it up and took her home.  She needed a little work and I restored it to better than new.  My limited research shows it being a 2000 Genesis Silver with side burner and the box is a nice plum color.  I added a rotisserie and am enjoying the convenience of the grill when needed, although I have to admit it mainly is used for hot dogs or to warm up my leftover BBQ cooked on the kettles!
That's about it.  While I'll probably never become a collector, I enjoy the photos and reading about the old and rare kettles here.  I particularly like the Mods & Customs forum and hope to be able to learn and possibly contribute.

Matt
"the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever devised by man in terms of calories expended for work done. Philosophically, I like that a lot. It’s technology, SERVANT OF MAN, in its very finest form."  Bob Weir - The Grateful Dead

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Member from greater metro Phoenix area
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 10:17:57 AM »
“ I’ll probably never become a collector “ [emoji23]
You’re in denial about it if your dragging plum gassers home when you see them! LoL
Welcome to Weberitis! Enjoy it! 🤣
Glad to have you here. Welcome from The Netherlands!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

M_C_1976

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »
You called me out straight away!  I have to admit, I have hoarding tendencies but am trying to keep it under control here. : )
"the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever devised by man in terms of calories expended for work done. Philosophically, I like that a lot. It’s technology, SERVANT OF MAN, in its very finest form."  Bob Weir - The Grateful Dead

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 10:48:47 AM »
Welcome from just outside Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 10:52:34 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga glad to have you here, lot's of grate folks here offering advice and always willing to enable Weberitis upon anyone
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 04:18:06 PM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana [emoji243][emoji241][emoji239]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 04:48:26 PM »
G'day from Perth Australia and glad to see a few of the leopld that havs been quiet jump out into the forum lately. Welcome mate

Sent from my SM-N976B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 05:20:50 PM »
Welcome from the East end of the Valley!
These things are addictive....
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 05:31:40 PM »
Hey!

View to a Grill on YouTube

M_C_1976

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 05:59:47 PM »
Welcome from the East end of the Valley!
These things are addictive....

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!  JC, all the suburbs are part of metro Phoenix.....the way I've seen things go in my lifetime, AJ will be in the middle of our valley in 20 years!

Cheers!

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 06:14:50 PM »
Welcome from Texas

ISO Red Outrider.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 10:20:21 PM »
Welcome from another guy in Phoenix. Been here for awhile. That Weberitis is contagious

BAArteaga

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 12:44:13 PM »
Hello and welcome from southern CA, cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 05:19:06 AM »
Welcome from Highland Park, IL (north of Chicago)! Sounds like you're already a collector!  ;)
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 09:49:27 AM »
Welcome from the St. Louis Metro! Pull up a chair and find out about the obsession that drives us!
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,