Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Vacation Stop at Weber Restaurant Indianapolis  (Read 2058 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Vacation Stop at Weber Restaurant Indianapolis
« on: October 09, 2019, 05:17:39 AM »
I recently returned from vacation and while I can't say I had any kettle finds on my cross country trip to Baltimore I did get a chance to stop at the Weber restaurant in Indianapolis.  The burger was delicious, a few display grills were awesome, and the old photos on the wall were interesting.  I even managed to avoid going to jail after being tempted by the Restaurant Ranch at the door.  I mean who would really miss it?  Even though a few members here encouraged me to wheel it out into the street and take my chances, I let common sense get the better of me.  After all a giant stainless steel grill speeding through the sidewalks of Indianapolis to get to my car (no room!) would certainly grab some attention. 

Anyways, I looks forward to making a stop at the Chicago and St. Louis location in the future!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Vacation Stop at Weber Restaurant Indianapolis
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 05:26:05 AM »
Warm Hoosier welcome!   Thanks for stopping in Indy!  You can get a grate view of the kitchen in the Indy restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 05:30:55 AM »
I should have taken some pictures of the kitchen, but I was trying to not draw too much attention to myself.  I was already getting looks for going near peoples tables to look at historic photos.  :o
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 05:54:24 AM »
When/if I get out that way again, I'm definitely gonna visit that place! It must have been quite an experience!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

BigEasy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 02:12:57 PM »
I'm a local and have a funny story to share about that restaurant.

You may remember there was a traveling exposition called the Body or Bodies that was an anatomy display. It started in the basement of the hotel next door and wound its way north. As we walked in to the last room there was a display highlighting the skin as the largest organ and there was the skin of a body in a glass case as we got closer to that part of the display I started to smell what I thought was pork rinds and it was kind of creepy thing looking at a body split in half.

As we hit the exit we came up to street level in the parking garage next to the Weber Grill.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 08:01:47 AM »
So, after that display, you still had an appetite... :-)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

BigEasy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 08:15:23 AM »
That's not enough to phase an old farm boy

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 06:28:11 PM »
That's not enough to phase an old farm boy

So was the pork rine smell from the weber restaraunt? Or the skin?