Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spider-22 Pellet Adapter for Weber Kettle  (Read 7248 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
Spider-22 Pellet Adapter for Weber Kettle
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:42:22 AM »
I haven’t seen any talk about this on the forum. I was wondering how long it would take someone to come up with this kinda’ thing.

I wish I’d learned about it last spring when they were doing their Kickstarter campaign. They were only $200 to preorder back then. Now they’re up to $280.

https://www.spidergrills.com/products/spider-kettle-grill-pellet-adapter

-Jed
-Jed

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
Re: Spider-22 Pellet Adapter for Weber Kettle
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 12:39:53 PM »
Mine is on its way. Can’t wait. Have a new 22 silver in the box waiting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 08:54:22 AM »
Not sure I see an advantage to this contraption. It turns your beautiful kettle into a pellet pooper? How do the pellets get injected into the kettle? Looks pretty clumsy 2me.

Sorry, I'll stick with charcoal... the original, the way it's supposed to be.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Spider-22 Pellet Adapter for Weber Kettle
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 09:04:45 AM »
You must have missed the thread because it was discussed then.

Pellets aren’t my style. I can smoke rain or shine with no worry of mechanical failure or need for a cord but they are popular for some reason.

Kick starter for a pellet adapter to a weber kettle... Thoughts? http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=41560

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:06:39 AM by HoosierKettle »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 02:26:15 PM »

Pellets aren’t my style. I can smoke rain or shine with no worry of mechanical failure or need for a cord but they are popular for some reason.

Kick starter for a pellet adapter to a weber kettle... Thoughts? http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=41560

I probably wouldn't attach this to any of my kettles but as an owner of two pellet grills, they just work I have made some of the best ribs on a pellet grill.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 03:28:01 PM »

I probably wouldn't attach this to any of my kettles but as an owner of two pellet grills, they just work I have made some of the best ribs on a pellet grill.

Yeah I’ve got friends that THINK they cook good ribs on a pellet grill too [emoji12]

Just kidding. I know they are legit.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 06:49:15 PM »

wheelman

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 05:53:03 AM »
I just put in an order for the revised Spider 22. I think there are a few tweaks over the last version. I ended up getting an almost free 2017 premium 22" kettle, due to some light damage and slightly out of round lid. It was too nice to scrap, but doesn't control heat very well due the above issues. I figured it would be perfect for the Spider 22. That way my other 2006 Premium 22" can stay all charcoal, use the rotisserie extension etc. I cant wait to receive it and report back how it works and my opinions about it. Should be fun to have both setups.

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 06:58:07 AM »
I have mine over a year.. it holds the temps perfect. But... not much smoke
Even on the low setting . Even though you don’t see smoke you can sure taste it
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 07:25:07 AM »
I just put in an order for the revised Spider 22. I think there are a few tweaks over the last version. I ended up getting an almost free 2017 premium 22" kettle, due to some light damage and slightly out of round lid. It was too nice to scrap, but doesn't control heat very well due the above issues. I figured it would be perfect for the Spider 22. That way my other 2006 Premium 22" can stay all charcoal, use the rotisserie extension etc. I cant wait to receive it and report back how it works and my opinions about it. Should be fun to have both setups.

I have been looking at this for awhile, but I didn’t want to buy a first generation.  What improvements/tweaks were made?

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 07:34:23 AM »
They have changed the temp control to include 275. The original went from 250 to 300.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 08:01:31 AM »
They have changed the temp control to include 275. The original went from 250 to 300.

That is actually the only complaint I had about mine that I purchased last year. Thing works great and is beyond simple to use. I use this all the time when I am too lazy to get out charcoal for the WSM.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2022, 07:27:07 AM »
I got an email today that these are now on sale for $199.... Not sure if anyone wants to try one, but I decided to get myself a new toy.  Never tried pellets before and I think I'll give it a whirl.....  Now to decide which kettle to try it with.  It requires the slot version with ash sweeps so maybe my '84 brownie that I've never cooked on or an '87 or '91 red....

https://www.spidergrills.com/products/spider-kettle-grill-pellet-adapter?mc_cid=8d6e7043cb&mc_eid=77486970a0

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2022, 04:19:47 PM »
I got an email today that these are now on sale for $199.... Not sure if anyone wants to try one, but I decided to get myself a new toy.  Never tried pellets before and I think I'll give it a whirl.....  Now to decide which kettle to try it with.  It requires the slot version with ash sweeps so maybe my '84 brownie that I've never cooked on or an '87 or '91 red....

https://www.spidergrills.com/products/spider-kettle-grill-pellet-adapter?mc_cid=8d6e7043cb&mc_eid=77486970a0
I've thought about getting one but wasn't ready to spend the $ w/o some verification that it worked well. Certainly interested in your experience. Keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2022, 05:32:59 PM »

I've thought about getting one but wasn't ready to spend the $ w/o some verification that it worked well. Certainly interested in your experience. Keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
Will do, delivery is tomorrow.  Going to put it on my blue OTP to start, found some mod examples on FB.  Got two bags of pellets ready.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club