Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New from Oklahoma  (Read 1037 times)

okgriller

• Happy Cooker
New from Oklahoma
« on: September 14, 2019, 10:05:27 PM »
Hello from Oklahoma! I'm happy to find and join this forum. I have two kettles - an older 18" that I inherited and that got me into all this, and a Performer CL find that I elbow-greased into something nice. I just got a new metal tabletop to replace the worn out plastic one it had, and have therefore been doing something of a "second restoration" on it before installing the new table. I'm also refurbing two older Weber gas grills as I get time -- a cool redhead 1100 and a Silver A. I also have a Silver B in disrepair, but the frame is solid so I am planning to make it into a wood-slatted prep/serving cart. I am interested in polishing up the legs/ash pan and refurbing or replacing the wood handles on my 18" kettle. Any tips or must-see threads would be great. Looking forward to learning, and growing my collection. After spending a little time lurking, I am going to be hunting my local area for some color!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:26:21 PM by okgriller »

Cellar2ful

Re: New from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 07:02:09 AM »
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:05:29 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 08:53:56 AM »
Welcome from just outside Chicago, IL
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 09:43:47 AM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana [emoji243][emoji239][emoji241]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmike314

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 02:51:13 PM »
Howdy from Moore, OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »
Welcome from Wichita Kansas [emoji818][emoji817]

« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 02:08:36 AM by pancho2017 »

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »
Welcome from slightly farther north in Kansas as well!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 04:50:45 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. can't wait to see all the pics
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

redneckoutdoorsclub

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 06:21:07 PM »
Welcome from springfield missouri

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

okgriller

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 08:00:30 PM »
Welcome to the Forum from the San Francisco Bay Area.    Here are a couple of instructional articles from the WKC home page.

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-charcoal-grill-restoration/cleaning-and-polishing-old-aluminum-legs/

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-charcoal-grill-restoration/ash-pan-clean-up-and-polish-procedure/

This is the restoration on my 62 Ambassador legs.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/196162-ambassador-in-the-wild-(yellow-ochre)/75/

Thank you for these resources. And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Hollando

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 04:44:56 AM »
Hello from Oklahoma! I'm happy to find and join this forum. I have two kettles - an older 18" that I inherited and that got me into all this, and a Performer CL find that I elbow-greased into something nice. I just got a new metal tabletop to replace the worn out plastic one it had, and have therefore been doing something of a "second restoration" on it before installing the new table. I'm also refurbing two older Weber gas grills as I get time -- a cool redhead 1100 and a Silver A. I also have a Silver B in disrepair, but the frame is solid so I am planning to make it into a wood-slatted prep/serving cart. I am interested in polishing up the legs/ash pan and refurbing or replacing the wood handles on my 18" kettle. Any tips or must-see threads would be great. Looking forward to learning, and growing my collection. After spending a little time lurking, I am going to be hunting my local area for some color!

Welcome to the club. I'm new here too, so...politely. Where are the pics?

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 01:56:46 PM »
Welcome from Highland Park, IL (north of Chicago)!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again