Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber 10 year warranty?  (Read 981 times)

thebugslaaaa

• Happy Cooker
Weber 10 year warranty?
« on: October 06, 2019, 01:01:55 PM »
Hey guys, I have a 2009 blue weber performer w/gas assist. It has been a great grill but has gotten rusty over the last few years..shes my workhorse so I have not worried much about the rusting bowl/lid...I just realized my 10 year warranty expires at the end of the year (if thats how it works). Should I call weber and try and get a new lid and potentially bowl before my warranty expires? do they even stock/make the 2009 blue lids/bowls anymore? Just wondering what to expect before I call customer service.

Hondapc

• Happy Cooker
Re: Weber 10 year warranty?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »
I would.. Weber warranty is great.. I registered my perforner and was instantly covered for 10yr warranty. Couple months later, call for warranty on issue and probkem was solved fast.. Customer service was great.. Although i did have to send in pics of the problem area.. Got new part shipped to me fast. Fixed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 01:30:37 PM »
Hey guys, I have a 2009 blue weber performer w/gas assist. It has been a great grill but has gotten rusty over the last few years..shes my workhorse so I have not worried much about the rusting bowl/lid...I just realized my 10 year warranty expires at the end of the year (if thats how it works). Should I call weber and try and get a new lid and potentially bowl before my warranty expires? do they even stock/make the 2009 blue lids/bowls anymore? Just wondering what to expect before I call customer service.
They should honor the warranty for sure.  I doubt they’ll have the same style lid and bowl but you won’t know till you call.   Good luck.  Let us know how it goes. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 03:55:55 PM »
Very likely to get replaced with a black lid and bowl of they honor the warranty. In my experience it has to be pretty bad and rusted through with actual holes forming. If it’s covered damage, they will definitely make it right, best customer service I’ve ever called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Weber 10 year warranty?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »
I would imagine they have plenty of crate and barrel blue bowls and lids, you will probably have to settle for a taco style handle though.  A buddy of mine had a porcelain pop where the non taco handle of his blue performer was welded to the lid a couple of months ago and Weber replaced it with a C&B blue lid.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!