Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pretty good deal?  (Read 300 times)

putoluto

• WKC Brave
Pretty good deal?
« on: August 30, 2021, 12:06:50 PM »
I have an old Q100 that has been a workhorse for me. Handy to use when upstairs or when we are cooking and heading out the door and not taking the time to artfully grill on the kettle.

I've moved the Q100 down to the boat for rafting/floating grilling.  Been in the market for a replacement Q.  Found one on CL, a pretty clean Q2000 with 2-piece enameled cast iron grates, cover, 10lb refillable tank, and accessory hose to attach to tank.  I picked the whole caboodle up for $45. That pretty good?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pretty good deal?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 12:11:25 PM »
sounds like a deal to me
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 12:11:33 PM »
I’d say so, that tank alone can cost that much or more. Congrats! Pictures?
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Pretty good deal?
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 12:13:50 PM »
Sounds like a good deal to me.  I picked up a red Q2000 earlier this year for $30 but had no cover or hose.  These are great little grills but I rarely use mine.  I’ve thought of a stand for one which might make me more likely to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »
I’d say so, that tank alone can cost that much or more. Congrats! Pictures?
Thanks. Sure.

I'm not sure what the additional drill hole behind the handle was for. Thermometer?  I haven't seen any Q2000 images with one though. :shrug:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 12:40:05 PM by putoluto »

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 12:25:59 PM »
Is the hole on the front for a thermometer?

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 12:41:42 PM »
I dunno. I don't think so, most Q2000's with a thermometer have them set into a beveled niche on the apex of the front fascia.  It's a very cleanly drilled hole. I'm gonna use it for an ambient grill temp probe wire.  The guy I got it from said he bought it from an estate sale for $75 a year ago and never used it, so he was looking to offload it.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 12:58:48 PM »
I dunno. I don't think so, most Q2000's with a thermometer have them set into a beveled niche on the apex of the front fascia.  It's a very cleanly drilled hole. I'm gonna use it for an ambient grill temp probe wire.  The guy I got it from said he bought it from an estate sale for $75 a year ago and never used it, so he was looking to offload it.
Mine's actually a 2100 and the thermometer is higher and is in a beveled area....Not sure what the intent of the hole was unless it was a mod for a temp probe which could easily go in either side where there is venting clearance.

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »

Yeah, it looks like it’s perfect to get the temp near grate level. Post some pics of your first cook!