Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: never say never here comes the weber pellet  (Read 66959 times)

Don-in-Vero

• Smokey Joe
Re: never say never here comes the weber pellet
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 12:34:37 PM »
Agree with kettlebb, it will be too much money for something I have little interest in.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2019, 09:31:06 AM »
Back last winter, my brother gifted me a Traiger he had gotten for free because he knows of my love of BBQ.  I used it once and honestly disliked the entire experience.  Don't get me wrong, the Traiger is a fine grill and performed as it should.  I did not care of how disconnected you are the process.  Pour in pellets and turn a dial.  I like to tinker and be involved in what I am doing.  There's a pride in knowing my knowledge of how to manage the fire has a impact on the quality of the food.  Its same reason I preferred my old manual Nikon FM2 or Hasselblad 500 vs. auto-everything Nikons I owned.  Maybe I'm a control freak....I like manual transmissions, too!

It was small sample size, but I did cook a rack of baby back on the Traiger the exact same way I do on a kettle, including the same wood species.  The smoke flavor from the Traiger was very mild compared to seasoned chunks. 

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
never say never here comes the weber pellet
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
Back last winter, my brother gifted me a Traiger he had gotten for free because he knows of my love of BBQ.  I used it once and honestly disliked the entire experience.  Don't get me wrong, the Traiger is a fine grill and performed as it should.  I did not care of how disconnected you are the process.  Pour in pellets and turn a dial.  I like to tinker and be involved in what I am doing.  There's a pride in knowing my knowledge of how to manage the fire has a impact on the quality of the food.  Its same reason I preferred my old manual Nikon FM2 or Hasselblad 500 vs. auto-everything Nikons I owned.  Maybe I'm a control freak....I like manual transmissions, too!

It was small sample size, but I did cook a rack of baby back on the Traiger the exact same way I do on a kettle, including the same wood species.  The smoke flavor from the Traiger was very mild compared to seasoned chunks.

Just turn it up. My buddy has a pellet grill that he usually has set super low. Very boring. Crank it up and they get MUCH more interesting [emoji12][emoji3]. That’s what I did with some chicken wings and it was pretty fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2019, 04:10:41 PM »

Just turn it up. My buddy has a pellet grill that he usually has set super low. Very boring. Crank it up and they get MUCH more interesting [emoji12][emoji3]. That’s what I did with some chicken wings and it was pretty fun.

Yeah.  I noticed it would do that.  Still no fun for me. I sold it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »

Yeah.  I noticed it would do that.  Still no fun for me. I sold it!

I hear ya. It was not fun enough to make me want one.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »
I hope Weber adds some cool innovations.

I'm not a big fan of pellet cookers... but I see plenty of opportunities for Weber to step into the "pellet scene" and apply the decades of experience.

Seriously. Weber has led several innovations in the gas grill market, in the charcoal grill market, and even now in the kamado market.
Let's see what kind of magic they can bring to a pellet cooker.

My initial reaction was an eyeroll... but after applying some logic, I'm much more open-minded about it.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2019, 06:09:07 PM »
I agree with you, Troy.  At the end of the day, we’re Weber fans.  They didn’t invent the pellet grill, but I dare say they will make one of the best when it comes out. 

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2019, 10:04:16 PM »
I’m surprised they waited so long so hopefully they bring something special to the table

I read something about a vertical auger system. This sounds unique at least as far as compared to traeger gmg and other low end pellet poopers

2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

SixZeroFour

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2019, 09:39:50 AM »

This is an interesting side view of the unit I came across online... I can’t guarantee it’s legit but seems to match up.

It has been confirmed there are two models - 24" and 36"

- Vertical Auger
- GBS Compatible
- Flavorizer bar setup
- iConnect (iGrill) w/Possible add-on accessory to connect to Alexa etc

Ballpark $1000 USD for the smaller unit, $1200 for the 36"

Not a pellet guy myself but this certainly has me curious... if its a quality unit they could have a big seller at that pricepoint IMO.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:45:32 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2019, 08:06:20 PM »
A vertical auger? Any pictures of the auger?

This is an interesting side view of the unit...

It has been confirmed there are two models - 24" and 36"

- Vertical Auger
- GBS Compatible
- Flavorizer bar setup
- iConnect (iGrill) w/Possible add-on accessory to connect to Alexa etc

Ballpark $1000 USD for the smaller unit, $1200 for the 36"

Not a pellet guy myself but this certainly has me curious... if its a quality unit they could have a big seller at that pricepoint IMO.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SixZeroFour

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2019, 09:43:29 PM »
A vertical auger? Any pictures of the auger?

None that I’ve seen yet.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2019, 04:51:54 AM »
1299 is actually lower than I was anticipating.  I love my two pellet grills.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2019, 05:39:19 AM »
My first reaction with this was a huge eye roll, but as I've read more and more about this, Weber would be foolish to not participate in the pellet grill space. As a respected manufacturer and innovator, Weber should have some market share here. While I'm not interested in purchasing one these outdoor ovens, I'm interested in seeing how they differentiate themselves from the competition.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2019, 01:08:39 PM »
I don’t know why but I want it... badly...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2019, 10:35:38 AM »
I will only purchase if they are available from a retailer that has a no questions asked return policy. I don't want to be disappointed in it, then even more angry with $1500 in Home Depot or Ace dollars... LOL