Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weathered Warrior line up  (Read 623 times)

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Weathered Warrior line up
« on: August 08, 2019, 06:23:14 PM »
Three months ago I had no WW’s in my collection. I had a couple faded kettles that I sourced for parts, but none with a heavy patina.  I love the looks of the rusted and stained kettles but couldn’t seem to find any near me.
Well in a short 3 months I acquired these 3. Caddywampus 18” pat number, 22” thumbscrew steel wheeler, and a 26” PP steelwheeler.
I posted a photo in the WW patina appreciation thread and received a PM from our very own Marty (56MPG), saying I was missing something. A WW 18” outrider. Marty was willing to add his outrider to my collection if I was interested, and said we can work out the details in getting it to me.   
In the end the only detail that needed to be worked out was a “hell yeah I’m interested” and an address.  Marty sent me the kettle, left the beautiful Zav handle on it,  and covered all shipping!  WOW!!  What a guy!!
Now this isn’t the first contact I’ve had with Marty.  He’s helped out plenty on my “in search of requests” and came to the rescue, (along with a few other great members) in a Secret Santa mishap. 
I received the outrider today, assembled it and set up my WW’s  around my weathered Box Alder tree. It seemed fitting.
Thank you for your generosity Marty. It’s people like you make this group the best there is!!  Thank you again.
Enough chatter, here’s some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Weathered Warrior line up
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 06:34:07 PM »
So cool!  I love my WWs, too.  I like the Kirk Douglas chin dimple on the Fleetwood. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 06:45:58 PM »
Nice family photos!  Gotta love the big guy in the back!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 06:58:13 PM »
That’s some sweet looking WW’s

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 07:58:20 PM »
Very nice! I let a sweet WW lid go in a bad ass trade, then found an 18 like a week later! And the generosity is crazy here.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 01:03:47 AM »
Great setting for a family pic of your WW band of brothers @bladz  This is what we were thinking when the third R in the club motto was locked in.

Marty
Retired

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 01:51:08 AM »
Wow!
Very cool. I wish I had a WW too.
I love the right one in the back with the rusty lid. Extremely cool.

Jan
Best regards,
Jan

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 02:52:34 AM »
A very Worthy Weathered Warrior Wound about, that tree qualifies as a Weathered Warrior too!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 07:21:53 AM »
That is a nice lineup.

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 10:17:47 AM »
That club is the best i know! Marty is a hell of a guy who also helped me in the past. I love your quartett Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app