Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Secret Santa 2019?  (Read 28069 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Secret Santa 2019?
« on: November 22, 2019, 12:49:33 AM »
This event has been moved- please check the new thread!

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=44004.0
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:10:39 AM by 56MPG »
Retired

Givewit2who56

• Smokey Joe
Re: Secret Santa 2019?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 03:03:46 AM »
This is seriously an awsome idea!! I LOVE IT!!   Obviously I'm new! But im down to participate if it gets going. That is if I'm allowed. [emoji848] 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 03:04:04 AM »
Couple questions about Secret Santa lately, so here's a quick update. Although we're about a Month late getting started it's still possible to do this again this year. Thing is we need someone to step forward to coordinate - gather participants, match up names, communicate addresses and wish-lists, collect tracking info and troubleshoot in general. Typically (ideally) these things kind of run themselves once they are set up, but there are times where intervention is needed, and once in a while where you might have to provide for back-up gifts in cases where someone gets stiffed by a grinchy member. Unfortunately I cannot be the guy this year again - too much going on at work and home to take it on.

Bottom line is we need a member to step up and run the show this year. Preferably a more active member who has been around a while. Not the best thing for a new member with only a few posts. You'll need to have a little side-bar with Troy in any case to ensure the event is done the right way and reflects on the club in a positive manner.

Not the end of the world if we skip a year, but this has always been a fun event that caps off the year in a cheery way. If it's going to happen it needs to start yesterday, so if anyone (feel free to team up with another member if you like) is feeling they have the bandwidth please reach out to Troy right away to get the green light, then start a new post in this forum.

I for one am in as a participant again this year if we can pull it off.

Marty
I’d be more than happy to help if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »

@JEBIV and Cellar2ful will be teaming up to attempt running the Secret Santa for this year.  We will be posting a thread with instructions hopefully tomorrow.  It will probably be a very short window of opportunity to sign up though since we are getting such a late start.                             @56MPG   @Troy 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 12:00:31 PM »

@JEBIV and Cellar2ful will be teaming up to attempt running the Secret Santa for this year.  We will be posting a thread with instructions hopefully tomorrow.  It will probably be a very short window of opportunity to sign up though since we are getting such a late start.                             @56MPG   @Troy

Thanks guys!

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 12:35:02 PM »
GrillGiant was just about to launch it too - pending Troy's OK. I provided him with a survey link that can be used. Maybe the three of you can team up? @Cellar2ful @JEBIV

Great minds think alike.

Marty
Retired

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 12:38:02 PM »
GrillGiant was just about to launch it too - pending Troy's OK. I provided him with a survey link that can be used. Maybe the three of you can team up? @Cellar2ful @JEBIV

Great minds think alike.

Marty
All good, I have PLENTY on my plate. They can run [emoji1322] with it [emoji1303][emoji482] Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 12:05:35 PM »
I'd be happy to lend a hand anyway possible. Joe, send me a text if you need me. Love Secret Santa time...[emoji318]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER