Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: When to buy - When to sell  (Read 581 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
When to buy - When to sell
« on: August 07, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »
Watch this video and think about "kettles" and "cooking" every time he says "guitars" and "playing". And think about meetups when he talks about playing in a band. I think we can all relate to the "Rationalization Alert" that pops up. I for one am the poster child for this, with bikes, drums, kettles, and a few other gear-centric things over the years. This video reminds me to schedule another mid-Atlantic meetup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=756&v=xLyubXJmg2c

Marty
Retired

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: When to buy - When to sell
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »
"Hedonic Adaptation"

Thanks Marty...good video.

I realized very early on that I don't want more cookers. I just want more time to cook and enjoy making food. Kettles don't bring me joy; but a perfectly cooked brisket or rack of ribs does.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 03:07:25 PM »
I started watching this and my wife said “What are you watching? You don’t play the guitar ” I stopped  and put my headphones on THANK GOD! She may have got ideas. 🤫
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 03:29:18 PM »

I just want more time to cook and enjoy making food. Kettles don't bring me joy; but a perfectly cooked brisket or rack of ribs does.

Absolutely, I don't need anymore kettles but am still searching for a 26 at great price. I'll still "rescue" an older kettle at a good price, maybe I can trade for my holy grail someday. I can't justify some of these collectors prices.
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »
Great video Marty.
I was rearranging some Smokey Joe's, Go Anywhere's, kettles and accessories today and having some of the same thoughts that are discussed in this video. I have already released a couple of Aristocrats and performers and have been contemplating what to turn loose next. Tough to decide but there will be more released soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 05:02:41 PM »

I just want more time to cook and enjoy making food. Kettles don't bring me joy; but a perfectly cooked brisket or rack of ribs does.

Absolutely, I don't need anymore kettles but am still searching for a 26 at great price. I'll still "rescue" an older kettle at a good price, maybe I can trade for my holy grail someday. I can't justify some of these collectors prices.

Most collectors can’t justify the collector prices these things are being sold for now-a-days.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 05:07:41 PM »

This video reminds me to schedule another mid-Atlantic meetup.

Yes!

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.