Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What was on your WSM this weekend?  (Read 5641 times)

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
What was on your WSM this weekend?
« on: August 04, 2019, 05:55:46 PM »
Chuck roast 275ish for 6 hrs no wrap pulled at 190⁰ avg across the cuts, rest for 30 minutes. Came out great!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: What was on your WSM this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 07:14:27 PM »
Looks grate.  Made a 3 pound chuckie today too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrnomad

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 07:16:33 PM »
Pork shoulder and my first attempt at pastrami.
11 kettles, 2 WSMs, and 1 lonely gas grill!

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »
Pork shoulder and my first attempt at pastrami.
How did it go? Did you cure your own brisket or use a premade corned beef?
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

Mrnomad

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 09:23:13 PM »
Fantastic. Shredded the pork and served with slaw and mustard sauce.
The corned pastrami, well I soaked it for about 36 hrs. but was still very salty. Next time I will brine a chunk of brisket.
11 kettles, 2 WSMs, and 1 lonely gas grill!

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 06:35:31 AM »
Fantastic. Shredded the pork and served with slaw and mustard sauce.
The corned pastrami, well I soaked it for about 36 hrs. but was still very salty. Next time I will brine a chunk of brisket.

Nice, Wow 36 hrs and still salty, every recipe I've read said minimum 8hrs, I don't like things too salty either.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 01:46:41 AM »
How about a weekday brisket point, at least thats what it was labeled as, Idk my cuts of meat very well.

Cooked on my unstamped 18 with steel legs.

It was at 174 IT, and I had to run to KC to grab this gasser, so I wrapped it in foil. It took about 3 hours to get home and IT was at 201. Might have been the best brisket ive ever had, the fat was like gravy.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 05:03:08 AM »
Looks good!  I need to make brisket again sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 07:15:32 AM »
Nice looks super tender and the meat was on sale! I like the "WooHoo! Great deal!" sticker.

Rockymtnhigh

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »
We did 2 Tri-Tips Santa Maria style,  Yumm!  The first picture we had just put them on to sear, the second picture was turning then after 15 minutes, the third picture we had removed them to put the top grate in before putting them back on to finish.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »
Nice!

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 11:12:43 PM »
We did 2 Tri-Tips Santa Maria style,  Yumm!  The first picture we had just put them on to sear, the second picture was turning then after 15 minutes, the third picture we had removed them to put the top grate in before putting them back on to finish.

That's the BBM Method. Did you use wood?

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 04:19:54 AM »
Got a point and a flat the other day. I put these on pretty much frozen, the outside was thawed enough for the seasoning to stick. Used weber rub and Montreal steak. Started with a bunch of coal and had the thermometer up between 350-375 for a few hours. I think I ended up cooking them right around 7 hours. I wrapped at some point. Turned out really good, with quite a bit of bark.

Rockymtnhigh

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 07:36:56 AM »

That's the BBM Method. Did you use wood?

Hi Mike,
We used charcoal and some Oak wood.  Can you enlighten me on what BBM stands for?  I wanted a Santa Maria rig to use with our Kettle but my husband found this method somewhere on the internet and this is our 3rd time doing it this way. 

Rockymtnhigh

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 07:37:58 AM »
Got a point and a flat the other day. I put these on pretty much frozen, the outside was thawed enough for the seasoning to stick. Used weber rub and Montreal steak. Started with a bunch of coal and had the thermometer up between 350-375 for a few hours. I think I ended up cooking them right around 7 hours. I wrapped at some point. Turned out really good, with quite a bit of bark.

This looks amazing!