Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: For the Chicago meetup I made Overnight Blueberry French Toast casserole.  (Read 436 times)

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Ingredients

12 slices day-old bread, cut into 1-inch cubes. I used day old texas toast

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries. (fresh all day for me)

12 eggs, beaten

2 cups whole milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

⅓ cup maple syrup

1 cup white sugar

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1 cup water

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

1 tablespoon butter

Recipe calls for a 9x13 pan, I made 1.5 recipe for a 13x13 SS pan.

Instructions

Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Arrange half the bread cubes in the dish, and top with cream cheese cubes. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread cubes.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and syrup. Pour this mixture over the bread cubes. Press down the cubes a bit to sort of “soak” them and make them “French toast-like”. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.

Remove the bread cube mixture from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Cover, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 25-30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned. Enjoy warm!

In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in the remaining 1 cup blueberries.

Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, until the blueberries begin to burst. Stir in the butter, and pour over the baked casserole,  Serve with powdered sugar and enjoy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:28:12 AM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Add a cool evening on the deck with a nice cigar and a snifter of Grand Marnier and you have a dessert fit for a King. Thanks for sharing @Scott Zee
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Thanks for the recipe, @Scott Zee.  Very tasty.... even more so after pouring a little more of the maple syrup from @CatskillSmoker that you brought along!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Bob, thanks and my apologies the Colin @catskillsmoker,. I did use your maple sugar and syrup in this recipe for the 1st time. It really set off the final casserole. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't tried Colins' stuff, give it a try...its the shiznit
Thanks for the recipe, @Scott Zee.  Very tasty.... even more so after pouring a little more of the maple syrup from @CatskillSmoker that you brought along!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

HankB

• WKC Performer
Great timing Scott! I just picked up 5 lb blueberries from the local farmer's makket yesterday along with eggs. Might need to run out for cream cheese and bread (we have rye and oat-nut on hand - I'd prefer something like a challah) and I'm good to go.
kettles, smokers...

bladz

• WKC Ranger
It was one of the best desserts I’ve ever had. When I got back that night the first thing I talked about was that dessert!  Great job Scott and thanks for the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club