Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Warranty  (Read 559 times)

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
Warranty
« on: September 13, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »
A question on filing an Warranty claim! First off I got this Weber 22 from my job for nothing because the lid had severe damage to it and was starting to rust. Was able to register it from vent Serial# but don't know to file claim from damaged done at Home Depot! Help Please!!

Scott
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Warranty
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »
Why would it be a warranty claim? 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 01:41:39 PM »
Yeah I mean I get filing a warranty claim it you purchased it new in box and it had a dent, imperfection, or rust when there shouldn't be. 

This sounds like they where chucking it in the dumpster because it was a dented in display model.  I would try to pop the dent out and eventually pick up a replacement from a donor kettle.

Even if you do file a claim there is no guarantee it will be taken care of.  I tried to make a claim on a Red LE because it was poorly coated and had premature rusting on the bowl handle and they basically blew me off and said oh that is perfectly fine and normal.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »
So you work at Home Depot and got a free kettle from your employer because it was damaged?  I would think Home Depot would file a claim with Weber to get the kettle replaced in their stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 06:12:19 AM »
Good luck on that one. You got this thing for nothing, knowing it was damaged. Trying to file a warranty claim seems a bit unethical to me. As was said earlier, try popping the dent out or get a replacement lid for it.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.