Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Only Fire Stainless Rotisserie Kit  (Read 768 times)

Caver42

• Smokey Joe
Only Fire Stainless Rotisserie Kit
« on: September 05, 2019, 12:54:41 PM »
Perhaps this has been covered previously, but would like to know if anyone has had experience with the above mentioned rotisserie kit. I will appreciate both positive and negative comments.
Also does the Smoke N Sear negate the need for a rotisserie?

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Only Fire Stainless Rotisserie Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »
I am in the market for one as well.  However, I am probably more interested in a used Weber branded kit, Cajun Bandit, or another brand someone might recommend.

As for your other comment I don't think it negates the need for one at all.  There are several ways to cook anything it is just a matter of finding your favorite method.  People use these for all sorts of cooks.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Only Fire Stainless Rotisserie Kit
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 02:13:25 PM »
The rotisserie does things you can’t do without it unlike the slow and sear

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 04:03:55 PM by HoosierKettle »

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »
  As HoosierKettle mentioned above, two different methods and results between a Slow N Sear and a rotisserie.

I am not aware of a way to duplicate the self basting qualities from using a rotisserie.  Turkeys, chickens, roasts and even shish kebabs come out amazingly moist when spun on a rotisserie.  The juices that normally end up dripping in a pan or clogging the kettle bottom tend to stay within the protein when cooked on a rotisserie.  A rotisserie is my favorite BBQ accessory.  Both of mine are Weber branded but you will get the same results using any brand. 

I have a Slow N Sear, but only use it for cooking tri-tips and steaks at high temps.   

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 03:31:33 PM »
Rotisserie for the win in my book, I have a snsxl for my 26, but for a self basting machine the rotisserie is the best accessory ever, no spin intended

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

BigEasy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 06:50:14 AM »
I can not comment on the Only Fire unit. However, I've had a Cajun Bandit for a couple of seasons now and love it.

If you're not 100% on the Only Fire I would suggest you take a look at the CB.

FTTH

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
Cajun Bandit can fit on a WSM of the same size. The Weber Rotisserie cannot. I have the Weber and wish I bought the stainless steel  CB. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 07:31:46 PM »
Well I bit the bullet and bought a Cajun Bandit in the 22.5" size.  I was tempted to wait until they have another coupon code on a holiday, but noticed they only had 4 in stock.  I figured that with my luck I will see the coupon code too late and they would be out of stock so I went ahead an made an order.  At least Discover is doing 5% back on PayPal. lol 

I can't wait to get it out and make some kebabs with my Weber kebab set! 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 08:37:16 PM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.