Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: UPDATE 7th Annual WKC Meetup - new location  (Read 53399 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: UPDATE 7th Annual WKC Meetup - new location
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2019, 05:18:01 PM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 05:36:10 PM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2019, 05:18:41 PM »
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2019, 05:47:42 PM »
I love those drone pics and video.  Thanks for posting Jeff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
awesome!!!

Sucks that I missed this one, thank you for all the pics and videos!!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2019, 05:47:45 AM »
Looks so great guys!
Hopefully one year 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »
It was a great time.  When we changed the location to @No1Agent house I said we needed to do it to take the meet-up to the next level, and I think it was the right decision.  We had over 20 members show up, over 80 grills, plenty of great food and great weather.  I want to personally thank everyone who was there and I hope everyone will come back next year.  A wide range of food was cooked and it was all fantastic.  @avega2792 made some phenomenal Peruvian chicken, @Kneab did some amazing ribs, @Scott Zee did all kinds of stuff but his blueberry dessert was remarkable. @Shoestringshop lead the charge on the grill, he always makes something interesting,  @HankB did a pulled pork, Almost everyone cooked and it was a feast.  @PotsieWeber made a brief appearance, The @Voordaddy slayed the bags game.  Thank you to everyone who made the trip out, @jbiv and the lovely Tammy from the ATL, @brewtownbeatdown @einrej and @bladz from beyond the cheddar curtain, @Craig from Nebraska, @Bob BQ and @Lowbrass from Stl, @GrillGuyMosier from Ohio I think, @LightningBoldtz from the Mitten State @DonoBBQ made it out, and everyone else from everywhere who I can't remember but you know who you are, it was awesome......oh and @Bertl was there in spirit and briefly on the phone!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 06:02:47 PM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2019, 07:02:17 PM »
Sorry I was there so briefly.  I was trying not to let the wife know what I was doing.  Wish I'd been there longer & earlier to see even more grills.  Left in order to see a man about a grill.  (Bought that gas kettle from Alfredo). 

Was going to swing back over, but then started wondering what time my wife would get home & didn't want her to see the gasser sticking out of the top of the back of my Avalanche.  So, I decided the prudent thing to do was get home first & put it somewhere & then give the old "that, I've had that one a very long time"
regards,
Hal

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2019, 12:28:14 AM »
Here are some pics that I took with my actual camera.  I made an album on Google

Here

Thanks for the pics!  Looks like a great time was had by all!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2019, 02:28:11 AM »
Grate day, wonderful time. Thank you John No1Agent for the use of your home and yard. Weather was a bit warm but still a beautiful day. My wife and I enjoyed the new location and the same old friends. Brian is still OK and the rest of the members are wonderful. I had such a good time, I'm ready to go back this weekend. Loved the fotos and aerial videos, only surpassed by the food.
I didn't come home with anything new but I didn't come home with anything old, thanks Brian.  A trip to Illenous is only eclipsed by a return to Wisconsin.  See you next year.
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

Hollando

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2019, 02:56:19 AM »

Sorry I was there so briefly.  I was trying not to let the wife know what I was doing.  Wish I'd been there longer & earlier to see even more grills.  Left in order to see a man about a grill.  (Bought that gas kettle from Alfredo). 

Was going to swing back over, but then started wondering what time my wife would get home & didn't want her to see the gasser sticking out of the top of the back of my Avalanche.  So, I decided the prudent thing to do was get home first & put it somewhere & then give the old "that, I've had that one a very long time"
this should be a thread, and all the husbands (or wives) should post about the time they pulled the same thing.

-H

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2019, 06:40:11 AM »

Next time take the wife along with you and make her a part of the fun.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2019, 07:07:29 AM »
I imagined someone bringing up one of the LONG round trips I made & my wife being like, you drove THAT far for a stupid BBQ?  It better not have been in MY car!  I never had to have the oil changed before the date came up on the sticker, is THAT why we had to get that done recently?
regards,
Hal

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2019, 07:28:12 AM »
Sad, we had a blast, and now I'm due an oil change

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Erictag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2019, 07:55:51 AM »
Terrific pics- thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Cellar2ful

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2019, 08:34:20 AM »

@JEBIV - Is No1Agent missing a lounge chair now or is that a lowboy Seville? 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"