Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pretty Good Find  (Read 440 times)

wba1949

• Smokey Joe
Pretty Good Find
« on: July 15, 2019, 06:55:51 AM »
Having made my case a few weeks ago with the little woman as to why buying a nearly new Weber rotisserie for $75.00 was money well spent, and that it was truly probably the last accessory I'd be needing (maybe forever) I found myself in a tricky situation over the weekend.  When I saw this kettle, rotisserie, full bag of charcoal and starter bucket on a not so local Marketplace listed for $40.00 I was out the door and nearly to my truck before I realized that it would be a hard sell as to why I really needed it.  After all, it was nearly 50 miles away, I already had a nearly new rotisserie I haven't even used yet, and I've got 6 22" kettles to use with it. Already have over 40 bags of charcoal in the shed, so it can't be that. That will make starter bucket #4...I guess I've been bitten by the bug, boys and girls.  I went and picked it up and when the wife saw how happy it made me, she didn't even try to dissuade me. Think I'm gonna try it out with the rib-o-later 56MPG was kind enough to give me recently. (Thanks again, Marty!)   Life is good!  (The $60 note on the lid was from a yard sale over the weekend.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:02:23 AM by wba1949 »

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pretty Good Find
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 07:12:54 AM »
Having made my case a few weeks ago with the little woman as to why buying a nearly new Weber rotisserie for $75.00 was money well spent, and that it was truly probably the last accessory I'd be needing (maybe forever) I found myself in a tricky situation over the weekend.  When I saw this kettle, rotisserie, full bag of charcoal and starter bucket on a not so local Marketplace listed for $40.00 I was out the door and nearly to my truck before I realized that it would be a hard sell as to why I really needed it.  After all, it was nearly 50 miles away, I already had a nearly new rotisserie I haven't even used yet, and I've got 6 22" kettles to use with it. Already have over 40 bags of charcoal in the shed, so it can't be that. That will make starter bucket #4...I guess I've been bitten by the bug, boys and girls.  I went and picked it up and when the wife saw how happy it made me, she didn't even try to dissuade me. Think I'm gonna try it out with the rib-o-later 56MPG was kind enough to give me recently. (Thanks again, Marty!)   Life is good!  (The $60 note on the lid was from a yard sale over the weekend.)
Glad you got it! I saw this one but I would have had a much bigger fight than you yo go get it. Great deal!

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 08:07:22 AM »
Grate deal
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 08:24:00 PM »
It is amazing how easy it is to justify keeping a second 22" rotisserie ring, just in case you ever wind up doing a @CatskillSmoker sort of cook -> http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/getting-ready-for-a-cook!/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:40:21 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal