Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Reunited after waiting since 1969  (Read 632 times)

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Reunited after waiting since 1969
« on: June 28, 2019, 02:20:22 PM »
A few weeks ago, a 22” cado PP popped up on Facebook marketplace for only $20 and I was second in line. It was super convenient for me to pickup, so I get pretty hopeful. Seller promises to let me know if the first buyer falls through. She is kind of pretentious and has an attitude, but this is kind of expected from this part of town. Regardless, I stay hopeful.

Meanwhile, I’m talking to kettlebb about this cado and how I probably missed out on it. He isn’t working that day so he messages her and says he can be there in 20 minutes. She obliged and a few minutes later, kettlebb sends me a pic with the cado saying he picked it up for me. I didn’t even know he messaged her.
(Thanks a lot Mrs. Seller)

I’m stunned that kettlebb did this for me, but at this point, I really shouldn’t be. After all, he’s an A-List Grillfella Celebrity.

We aren’t able to meet for a few days and in the meantime, he’s getting the cado hot every night and falling in love with it. Ends up sending me a text offering me a trade for a red BBK and a thumbscrew faded black 26er. Tempting......

I think about it for a few days and consult my wife. She convinces me to stay with the cado (after all, I want a 26er with the One Touch system).

I notice he has an 18” yellow...... we discuss that trade. Ultimately, our wives and kids vote and settle the score. Cado comes to me and yellow stays with him.

He also sells a quality black 22 BBK to my buddy who wants to upgrade. We meet at lunch today and swap kettles.

During the Secret Santa a few years ago, I was gifted a nice WKC patch. I had to pass that patch on the kettlebb as he is more deserving than I am.

After all that, I had to recreate the ad from the 1969 Weber Catalog. Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Reunited after waiting since 1969
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 02:23:05 PM »
Very cool !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »
A slight correction, I worked that day. It was actually the day of the tire blow out incident where our van was hit and earlier in the day Matthew fractured his collarbone. What a day it was!  Needed to go grab that Cado to turn all the bad shit to something good. At least the wife and kids were ok and now you have a SWEET Caribbean. Enjoy it bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 02:34:23 PM »
Awesome story and you both are A Listers in my book

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 03:03:48 PM »

A slight correction, I worked that day. It was actually the day of the tire blow out incident where our van was hit and earlier in the day Matthew fractured his collarbone. What a day it was!  Needed to go grab that Cado to turn all the bad shit to something good. At least the wife and kids were ok and now you have a SWEET Caribbean. Enjoy it bro.

hot dang!! I thought the accident happened while you were fetching the cado! I didn’t realize you went out after the accident happened! I gotta get you a beer too yo!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 04:09:11 PM »
Beautiful grill, congrats! And kudos to @kettlebb for the assist
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 05:07:40 PM »
NICE kettle & great story
regards,
Hal

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 10:36:09 PM »
Grate score, assist and kettle karma boost! Well played

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 04:33:42 AM »
Very nice all around!

Does the cado have wheels?  I can’t tell with that tall grass. [emoji3][emoji12]

And what does bbk stand for?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 04:55:03 AM »
Grate work Fellas. You are both top notch players here.
BBK= Bar B Kettle

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 04:57:42 AM »
BBK = 90s Bar-B-Kettle economy grill with user installed daisy wheels. It was a throw back to the original Bar-B-Q-Kettle. Single bowl handle, user installed daisy wheel vents, racing triangle, black wheels without whitewalls, and wood handles.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »
Nice score!  Congrats!

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 02:08:07 PM »
Nice work everybody, congrats!
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH