Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rare Weber?  (Read 577 times)

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
Rare Weber?
« on: June 20, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »
Today I'm working in an unnamed city around Chicago suburbs and seen what appears to be an early Weber 18 but it had short skinny straight legs that seemed to stick in the ground? I plan on going back to chew his ear about it but any ideas what I'll be looking at?
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rare Weber?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 11:43:42 AM »
Pictures would help a lot.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »
Today I'm working in an unnamed city around Chicago suburbs and seen what appears to be an early Weber 18 but it had short skinny straight legs that seemed to stick in the ground? I plan on going back to chew his ear about it but any ideas what I'll be looking at?
Possible traveler, no wheels or triangle, and was an 18, if memory serves me correctly they were thumbscrew
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 01:10:38 PM »
Possible traveler, no wheels or triangle, and was an 18, if memory serves me correctly they were thumbscrew

Yep, they had thumbscrews.  The Traveler is on depicted on page three of the 1962 Weber catalog.

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-catalogs/1962-Weber-catalog.pdf
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 04:02:13 PM »
In 1964 Weber went to a wood handle on the lid prior to then it was the rounded metal handle.
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker