Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2007 18” OTS NIB find goes from greatness to sadness.  (Read 840 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
2007 18” OTS NIB find goes from greatness to sadness.
« on: June 15, 2019, 03:36:35 PM »
So I took a stab at the OTS because it had an interesting shipping label on it. It was new in the box and addressed to Judge & Dolph. I did a little research and that company used to Illinois largest beverage distributor. They were bought out by the Wirtz family and in 2009 the name was gone. So I’m thinking there might a logo on that new grill in the box ???

Well it was far away but through a few friends, two weeks waiting and fifty bucks on the line I waited patiently.

It finally arrived today and bummer no logo :( Not a big deal because I’ve been wanting an 18” grill any.

So knowing the price of a new one is about 90 bucks I decided to make myself feel better and upgrade it to a OTG. So before I even finished building the grill I ordered the ash pan for the upgrade.

So I go back to assembling and get the legs and wheels on all good.

I flip it over and get to the ash sweeps and the f’n number one sweep is missing. Just gone from the sealed box. I have a two and a three. Being a 2007 it has the good sweeps with the large hex nut and thumb screw.

So now I’m screwed because I already ordered the ash bucket and the new replacement ash sweeps are over 22 bucks. Not to mention I wanted to grill on this guy for Father’s Day.

I’m grill sad now and it’s raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

getlego

• WKC Brave
Re: 2007 18” OTS NIB find goes from greatness to sadness.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 01:26:46 AM »
Does anyone here have a new spare number one ash sweep for this ? I could get the new kit but it’s more expensive than the 22”. I don’t understand that.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: 2007 18” OTS NIB find goes from greatness to sadness.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 03:01:12 AM »
If you wind up having to get a new kit, do a search on the WKC for the part number for the SS sweeps & see how much the price difference is because those will last a lot longer.  If you can't find it, shoot me a PM & I'll see if I can find it for you.

If you ordered the ash bucket directly from the parts department at Weber, I'd call back, explain that I bought a sealed NIB 2007 kettle and the number one ash sweep was missing, tell them you already ordered a bucket, and ask if it might be possible to just buy the individual sweep.  Even though I know the answer is likely no, I would ask the question because they might actually offer to send me a new set of sweeps (but the would probably be the newer H style) for free (or at least cut me a deal on them).

If I was being really prepared, I might even already figure out the part number for the SS sweeps, see if I could find out the price difference on one of the parts sites.  If they offered a free set of H sweeps, I might then ask if I could upgrade to part number XXXXX by paying the price difference because these are stainless steel ones.  If you are going to try that, get the part number in advance because (based on posts I've seen on here) the person you speak with may not be aware they are available in SS and probably could not find the part number even if they did. 
regards,
Hal