Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jumping into the world of rotisserie cooking.  (Read 543 times)

wba1949

• Smokey Joe
Jumping into the world of rotisserie cooking.
« on: June 14, 2019, 12:18:45 PM »
Although I've cooked on a lot of charcoal and gas grills over the years, I've always kind of had a hankering to try rotisserie grilling. Never really had the right setup til now.  Saw an ad for a Weber 22" rotisserie on the local Craigslist.  Only used twice for $100.  I texted them and offered $75 cash. (Chit, ya' gotta TRY and barter, y'all!) She texted me back and said she'd take $85.  I jumped on that cause I know that they're $189.00 online...best price I'd found anyways. I met the seller, did the deal, and brought my treasure home. It's just like new...she said she wiped it all down with Windex and there isn't any indicator that it's ever been used.  Even came with an extra pair of rotisserie prongs for additional cooking.

What would you old pros suggest I try on my new toy??  Chicken's a given.....other suggestions would be appreciated, thanking in advance for suggestions. 8) 8)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Jumping into the world of rotisserie cooking.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »
I like them.  Do a search & I'm sure you'll find various tips & tricks.  I've been using a basket on either side of the rotisserie & basically use aluminum foil to fashion a "pan" to catch the drippings & put that in the center of the charcoal grate.  I've done chicken, where I've left the cooking grate on & threw some potatoes (wrapped in foil) underneath the cooking chicken (so it is also not over the coals) some time after the chicken started cooking. 
regards,
Hal

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 02:21:25 PM »
I've always wanted to use a rotisserie...just have to find one that will work on an 18" kettle.  :D
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 03:16:47 PM »

I've done turkeys, rib eye roasts and prime rib.  Next thing I want to spin is a duck.

I've always wanted to use a rotisserie...just have to find one that will work on an 18" kettle.  :D

Cajun Bandit makes one that fits an 18" kettle or WSM.

https://www.cajunbandit.com/category/weber-wsm-kettle-rotisserie-kits/18-5/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:20:08 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Dgallag339

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 07:01:37 PM »
I’m getting ready to purchase a rotisserie as well just trying to figure out which one. It’s a toss up between Weber’s, Cajun bandit or Only Fire.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Jumping into the world of rotisserie cooking.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
Spend the  extra cash and get either the Weber or Cajun bandit. I had all 3 rotisseries at one point but will not recommend the Onlyfire.