Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: If nobody in St Louis posts about their SWEET Saturday score, I'm going to.  (Read 760 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
well.....let's hear about it....I was allegedly "backup" if you didn't show...while I KNEW it was unlikely, I was HOPING maybe whoever was in front of me was just someone who wanted a grill & then maybe found something else a bit cheaper & closer to their house....I'm busting a gut here waiting....you KNOW which one I'm talking about....$25...on the Marketplace...I'm assuming one of you guys got it...

God only knows how many speeding tickets you saved me from getting.

I'm assuming someone here got it.  If, I don't see something on it soon, I'm going to post on the one (of the many) that got away.
PM me if you want some time alone with her yourself, or whatever.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 08:32:22 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
I’m excited to see what it is.  Obviously not me btw.  I don’t have Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
FOUND IT! I don't see what the big deal is about it. And, NO it's not mine!

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Come on Hal...spill it!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
It was listed and sold within 10 minutes.

Here’s the lucky new owner: http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=41743
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:32:34 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
That is her.  Somehow, I missed that post.
regards,
Hal

Illini2000

• Smokey Joe
Ha.  I didn't want to seem like I was gloating, I know a lot people were all over it quickly.  The lady was as nice as can be, she had much higher counter offers but stuck to our deal.  It originally belonged to her bridesmaid who moved to TX and left the grill back here.  I don't know the status of the original kettle.

The tires are OK, but have two melted spots.  I commented on my original post, but I contacted Woodward and one of their parts distributors and they don't have any replacement tires.  Looking for a source if anybody knows.

Also considering powder coating.  I've worked with Gateway in St. Louis before and they do great work.  But I'm not sure if I want to make this a long term collection piece or enjoy it for a while and let another member take it from there.
Looking for red 1978 kettle

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Congratulations @Illini2000.  I'm glad she stuck with her deal.  I always figure that if I'm not first, I just hope I luck out and whoever was first is not a collector & winds up not picking it up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 05:25:05 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal