Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Are there any Kansas/KC meetups?  (Read 31227 times)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Are there any Kansas/KC meetups?
« on: April 30, 2019, 05:06:07 AM »
I'm new here, st. Louis and Chicago are a little far for me right now. If there aren't any, I would be interested in hosting one.

Any Northeast Kansas people? Western Missouri? I'm pretty sure I looked through all the threads here and didn't see anything.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
Re: Are there any Kansas/KC meetups?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 04:55:06 AM »
I might be up for one of these if anyone decides to put one together. 

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 09:09:55 AM »
We should grill it up sometime if not.
I drove to kc to buy webers off of craigslist lol .

I think a meet up at a lake or campground would be nice, no need to pack up and leave when your all full, and you could showcase your weber breakfast skills.

In not familiar with camping or lakes in kc, but Perry lake has nice campgrounds, they are probably flooded right now though.

Clinton lake in Lawrence is pretty nice, and not too far from I-70

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 01:11:37 PM »
Not many ks members?

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 02:56:23 AM »
Bump! @pancho2017  @ReanimatedRobot @Mr. Bones @Dave in KC @jandrew2537@gmail.com

How bout @Red_5_Wrangler  I know you like that windshield time.

Pancho is in Wichita, ks and robot is in Kirksville, Mo so if both of you guys are interested, then we can pick somewhere between you guys.
If not I will just grill alone! Lol

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 04:05:26 AM »
I would be up for it as long as I was lucky enough to not have anything going on whatever weekend it was.  I can't say I have any good ideas for places near me that anyone would want to make the trip for.  If you want attendance to be greater you would probably have better luck with meeting in KC, Columbia, or STL unless there are a lot more Iowa members that are itching to get to one of these things.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 04:22:38 AM »
@Bob BQ @Lowbrass

Is this something that you or any of the other STL crew would want to get on board with?
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 09:35:12 AM »
I was definitely thinking KC would be  somewhere people would travel to. Hopefully someone knows a place, and we will make sure you are free that weekend lol

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 10:12:01 AM »
@Bob BQ @Lowbrass

Is this something that you or any of the other STL crew would want to get on board with?

This fall and winter are insanely busy for me... as much as I would love to go, it's not in the cards right now.  @Brain_STL, @jeffrackmo, @SmokeVide, @SteveZ....  any of you up for a cross-state meet-up?
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 11:16:07 AM »
I'd definitely be on board. Schedules are always difficult, but I always love visiting KC.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 11:39:58 AM »
Dammit I keep trying a long reply and right at the end the app closes, three times now ffs[emoji2955]

I'll try when I get home from work.

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 03:07:45 PM »
I’m always up for a meat up! As you know @Bob BQ, I’ve got the room for a hundred people at my place! Patio going in really soon and would love to break it in [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 03:08:25 PM »
Or a central location would work too

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 03:45:05 PM »
I'm definitely on board too. My wife and I have been wanting to take a trip a trip to KC she has never been there and I've only a few times for business.

I've been to the Lou plenty of times I always stay at the Drury Inn at Union Station.

Memphis is another place my wife and I DEFINITELY want to go again sure had a great time there.

I'll be honest I'm not very good at kettle grilling but I can make something happen lol. I'd like to watch some of you kettle grilling pros in action I could learn a lot. And put a face with the username I always see.

And plenty of beer lol[emoji7]

Just not many members close to Wichita Kansas where I am I guess I need to spread the work about this amazing club to more people [emoji16]

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 04:21:37 PM »

I'm definitely on board too. My wife and I have been wanting to take a trip a trip to KC she has never been there and I've only a few times for business.

I've been to the Lou plenty of times I always stay at the Drury Inn at Union Station.

Memphis is another place my wife and I DEFINITELY want to go again sure had a great time there.

I'll be honest I'm not very good at kettle grilling but I can make something happen lol. I'd like to watch some of you kettle grilling pros in action I could learn a lot. And put a face with the username I always see.

And plenty of beer lol[emoji7]

Just not many members close to Wichita Kansas where I am I guess I need to spread the work about this amazing club to more people [emoji16]
Oh, don’t you worry! We’ll take care of you and beer will be involved,if you wish to partake [emoji16]