Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Steelhead trout on this Friday eve  (Read 697 times)

griz400

• WKC Brave
Steelhead trout on this Friday eve
« on: April 12, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »
Stopped by my favorite fishing hole ( aka sams club)  :)   Picked up some Steelhead trout .. marinated 4 hrs in Italian dressing, pre heated Weber to around 400 degrees .. laid on foil ( shiny side up) , added spog and laid on grill , after 10 minutes , just lift lid and let some heat out, then next 10 minutes open lid and cut with spatula servings sizes down to the skin and added butter pats all over the top... then about 8 minutes later , cut a lemon in half, squeezed all over the top and waited about 2 more minutes and listen to the sizzle ... then take a tray, take spatula between the skin and the meat .. cause the skin will stick to the foil .. and we made mac and cheese and Italian cut green beans ,, And yes, that is a rum and coke also ...
   If you grill this, the skin sticks to the foil ... don't worry about some smoke .. that is just the skin and nothing at all is burning .. it's a 30 minute cook and you will love it .. It is like a go to recipe .. also same for salmon .. :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 03:38:18 AM by griz400 »

EddieGrillz

• Smokey Joe
Re: Steelhead trout on this Friday eve
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 03:52:56 PM »
Now that's awesome.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WisconsinGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 05:15:49 AM »
I'm gonna have to try some fish on the grill this summer. This looks delicious. Well done!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

griz400

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »
Thanks alot you all .. real easy to grill .. we make it alot, also at the hunt camp in Ga.

griz400

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 04:00:52 AM »
 :)   Here Was good Friday's dinner ... Another round of Steelhead Trout, In these pics you will see how the skin just sticks to the foil and you slide the spatula between the meat and skin .. makes clean up 123 .. all the mess is in the foil ...
storms in Fla .. we ate in the house ....

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 04:21:23 AM »
Looks great!  I do something similar but no foil. I cook direct over spread out coals skin side down.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

griz400

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 02:53:06 AM »
Thanks Hoosierkettle .. I do some cod the same way as this but add a panko/parm breading on top