Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Summit vent  (Read 868 times)

CurtP

• WKC Brave
Weber Summit vent
« on: April 19, 2019, 06:56:15 AM »
Is a loose vent typical on the Summit?  Mine was loose enough that it would move to the open position when the lid was opened.  They sent a replacement, and it's the same thing.  At one point they changed the rivet from a nice stainless button to a chromed steel one, but it's still extremely loose.  Weber is willing to send another one, but by now I have my doubts that a 3rd one will be any better.  I drilled out the rivet on the original vent, tapped the base plate and used a jam nut to fix it.  I'm just not sure I like how it looks.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Weber Summit vent
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:13:31 AM »
I don’t own a Summit, but at that price point, it should stay open without modifications.   Perhaps, before they send it, they should test it to ensure it works. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:23:48 AM by michaelmilitello »

CurtP

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Summit vent
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 08:21:11 AM »
I thought the same thing, but as soon as I removed all the shipping protection, it flopped just like the original did.  For the cost of the grill, I really expected it to be perfect with no corners cut, but that's not the case.  I still really like it, but I wouldn't have bought it knowing what I know now.