Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza on the 26  (Read 3846 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Pizza on the 26
« on: April 12, 2019, 05:42:42 AM »
My go at a pizza

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Pizza on the 26
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:43:16 AM »
I had abandoned the idea of pizza on a grill until this thread. That is one of the best pizzas I’ve seen on here as far as getting the top browned. Looks perfect.

And with the 26 I would have room for a little bigger pie. A 22 just doesn’t cut it for me.

Did you use lump and the sns? 

Lid cracked?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pizza on the 26
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 06:44:38 AM »
Top vent open or shut?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 07:55:59 AM »
@HoosierKettle I didn't get a good enough pic of my setup. I was out of lump so I used Weber briquettes and a split piece of hickory on top on the hot coal in the SNSXL 2 bricks on the cook grate to set my stone on with it as far to the front as I could get. tested the position of the stone so when I lowered the lid it caught the stone leaving about a 2 1/2 inch gap in front and closed in the back. should have put maybe 4 or 5 lit coals under the stone for a little crisp on the bottom, It was a really good pie. top vent wide open with it back towards the fire. Not sure how hot she got but the handle was frickin smoken hot even with my insulated glove, ie after I found out how hot it was without a glove
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 08:16:02 AM »
Similar to this, did this one several years ago before the sns. This may help visualize what I tried to describe

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 08:17:53 AM »
Also, I rotated the pizza 180 deg once

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 02:29:03 PM »
I think I am going to try the same thing with my SNSXL and my Lodge cast iron pan

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 04:32:55 PM »
I think I am going to try the same thing with my SNSXL and my Lodge cast iron pan
Make a little deep dish? I like it however way, be sure and post, may try it as well

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 05:29:11 PM »

Make a little deep dish? I like it however way, be sure and post, may try it as well

I’m only guessing but maybe he has the lodge cast iron pizza pan. I think it’s 14” and only has a small lip on the sides. Something I’ve been eyeballing for awhile.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 05:30:45 PM »
But still, I like the deep dish Chicago style idea too. I do those in the oven in the trusty 12” and they are great.

CurtP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 05:32:05 AM »
Lodge has a 17" skillet, part number L17SK3.  I have used it to make deep-dish Chicago style pizza before, and it worked well.  Weighs nearly 20 lbs though.

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
@JEBIV You have obviously noticed to 26rs can run really hot for long periods. I love baking chicken at 500. Do you think it has anything to do with the large vents and thicker lid? I find if I turn my lid a quarter turn I can raise the temp. Please share your thoughts. Thanks

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 05:38:16 PM »
Love it! Gonna be pizza time on the chief soon I reckon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 04:54:27 AM »
@JEBIV You have obviously noticed to 26rs can run really hot for long periods. I love baking chicken at 500. Do you think it has anything to do with the large vents and thicker lid? I find if I turn my lid a quarter turn I can raise the temp. Please share your thoughts. Thanks
no doubt you can get a 26 screaming hot, more room for fuel, more air inside the grill, technically the vents are the same size as a 22 so don't ask me to explain. I have long considered tinkering with more air, a p cut on bottom vents and a Ranch top vent. You definitely can find the sweet spot for the location of the top vent for more heat!

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 11:34:58 AM »

Awesome

@JEBIV  @HoosierKettle MPS will make your jobs way much easier...
Bert