Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The ones that got away  (Read 2053 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
The ones that got away
« on: April 05, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »
So I missed out on a yellow this morning...in VEGAS...which almost never happens.  It was an estate sale across town.  Started at 8am, but I have class until 10:40.  So as soon as my prep period started, I got in the car and headed across town.  Of course, I know estate sales are first come first served, but the grill  wasn't listed on EstateSales.net (just a pic with no label), and I had inquired with the estate sale manager saying that I would be there around 11:15, if he could put it aside, I'd appreciate it.  Anyway, I got there, and the guy said he saw my email (sent Wednesday) and he didn't have time to get back to it.  Anyway, I asked how much it sold for...$8...

Such is life.  Drove back across town, thinking about how you win some, lose some...but it got me thinking of the ones that got away...

Of course, there's always this epic story...

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/a-glen-blue-fiasco/

But then there's my second biggest regret from a year ago...I still keep the pic on my phone...

And of course we all have others...so here's my question for the group: what are the ones that got away that still cause you an occasional pang of regret?  I'd love to hear some stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 11:38:35 AM by crowderjd »
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: The ones that got away
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 01:25:17 PM »
Kettles are like buses: there’s always another one coming around.

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 04:16:23 PM »
Kettles are like buses: there’s always another one coming around.

Spoken from a very wise man!!
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
Missed out on a $40 Glen Blue by about “20-30 minutes.”  That one still kind of kicks me in the gut [emoji23].

"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 06:55:53 PM »
The aristocrat that I had an agreement with the seller to pick up at HIS first availability. Messaged out of the blue as I was hopping in car to go get it that it was no longer available, sold to his neighbor for $40 :(. Crushed!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 07:18:19 PM »
@firemunkee and I nearly snagged an mbh WW 26 a week ago.  Seller was asking $25.  Would’ve made a cool agenting story.  Was not meant to be, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurtP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 07:21:44 PM »
$100 Weber Ranch.  Told the guy I was on my way with cash in hand and it was gone when I got there.  "First one to show up with money" was his line, even though I was the first to call and made it clear I was coming to get it.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 11:48:28 AM »
So resurrecting a thread...just 6 minutes from my house [emoji849].

I’ve been very fortunate through the years but these never show up here...ugh this one stings a bit.

Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 11:59:24 AM »
Ouch !

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »
There are plenty of yellow buses coming around, but not so many yellow weber kettles...
Maybe they will release yellow next?
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm