Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bolt on front handles now?  (Read 1395 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Bolt on front handles now?
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:42:59 PM »
I saw an add on facebook marketplace showing a 26 with a bolt on front handle.  Am I just out of the loop or is this something new?
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Bolt on front handles now?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 12:46:57 PM »
That's interesting.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »
Webers website still shows welded handle, maybe someones attempt at a repair.....
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

racedvl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 04:30:09 PM »
Repair

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 11:21:15 AM »
Clever repair using a walmart jumbo joe 22 handle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 11:27:33 AM »
I know for a fact those front handles on a 26 snap off easy, just ask me how I know LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
I know for a fact those front handles on a 26 snap off easy, just ask me how I know LOL
How do you know?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »
Judging by the plastic wheels, it’s an older one.  New ones have rubber treads. 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 03:58:40 AM »
How do you know?[emoji6]

10 trips to the beach with a 62 lb 26er in and out of the truck should do it, just sayin'
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 06:52:29 AM »

Recommended procedure to prevent bowl handle breakage when moving a newer model 26"er:

I make two trips.  One trip is with the lid and cooking grate, the second trip is with the rest of the unit.  The lid and cooking grate are by far the heaviest pieces.  Once removed there is less stress put on the bowl handle.  Even if I am rolling it, I roll it without the lid in place by carrying the lid.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 06:56:07 AM »

Recommended procedure to prevent bowl handle breakage when moving a newer model 26"er:

I make two trips.  One trip is with the lid and cooking grate, the second trip is with the rest of the unit.  The lid and cooking grate are by far the heaviest pieces.  Once removed there is less stress put on the bowl handle.  Even if I am rolling it, I roll it without the lid in place by carrying the lid.
+1 on this.   Is it just me or are handles on new kettles not as robust as the used to be?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 06:57:56 AM »

Grate tip LOL

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 07:23:25 AM »
I don’t think it’s a 26”er... the grate is WAY too small with the charcoal baskets sitting on it... Ja .. the photo shows a real pointy looking triangle like a 26”[emoji848]  but I don’t think it’s anywhere close to a 26” and I don’t see any bump in the kettle to like the 22” jumbos ... I don’t know what’s going on here but someone is smoking some funny stuff and it’s not Pulled Pork ?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »
My guess? It's A bolt on handle Weber Euro 26"er!

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 09:55:48 AM »
I live in Europe ... have had ( 3 ) 26”er’s and I have never seen a factory bolt on 26” handle... so my guess is the handle broke off and this was an easy fix? [emoji848]🤷🏼‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club