Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: NFL Edition Kettles  (Read 3624 times)

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: NFL Edition Kettles
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 02:57:04 PM »

I received this NIB Giants today.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »

I need a Falcons one for my grandson he is a big fan and I might be able to teach him some grilling if I had one I will borrow the money from @captjoe06 to pay Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#riseup [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »
Last time I said that I lost a bet LOL

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 03:55:22 PM »
I have a Jags SJ thanks to @chiku18

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 04:01:49 PM »
Nice @chiku18 is a good grillfella

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 04:15:57 PM »
Less than ten per team, I was told they were given to those who participated in a BBQ competition at that teams home opener in 1995.  Although, there was a member here who got one NIB, so that is kinda odd.

Is the 10 per team thing a proven fact, or just a number that someone threw out there? 

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 04:27:06 AM »
Less than ten per team, I was told they were given to those who participated in a BBQ competition at that teams home opener in 1995.  Although, there was a member here who got one NIB, so that is kinda odd.

Is the 10 per team thing a proven fact, or just a number that someone threw out there?
All that is confirmed is that 10 contestants were selected to enter a cook off at home openers using team branded master touches. Not positive if everyone got to keep one or just the winner. But theres no record or sign of them being sold to the public. So our best guess is that they could be some of the rarest kettles around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 04:46:24 AM »

All that is confirmed is that 10 contestants were selected to enter a cook off at home openers using team branded master touches. Not positive if everyone got to keep one or just the winner. But theres no record or sign of them being sold to the public. So our best guess is that they could be some of the rarest kettles around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

When I bought my Detroit Lions Master-Touch and posted it on Weber's Facebook page I was told by Weber that 8 to 10 of them were made per team for a BBQ competition at every NFL teams home opener.  Each person, cooked on the grill and entered their food in the contest, win or lose they walked away with the kettle and accessories.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 05:33:01 AM »
Keep in mind this was only for the Master-touch's, I think the BBQ competition was to promote the smokey joe's which were sold in stores in a limited capacity.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2018, 03:49:03 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I picked up a Chiefs SJ back in the Spring.  Looks to be in virtually new condition.
Yesterday I picked up Chiefs MT that will need some attention.  Ash sweep is rusted in the full open position.
The previous owner broke the handle off of it trying to free it up.  No biggee, I will replace it.  The wooden
handles are in bad shape, and I already have no ones on order.  The footballs and Chiefs logo, have faded
some, and the lid has been dropped a couple of times.  The poor old kettle was left outside uncovered for
quite a long time.  I will drop a few before and after pics when I am done with the restore. 

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 03:46:29 PM »
I have a Patriots one.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

@captjoe06 Wait, what now Joe?  I don't believe I've heard this story.
Missed out on one years ago because I didn't know how rare they were and didn't jump on it.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2019, 01:56:26 AM »
Does anyone know any history of the Genesis logo'd grills? 

I saw this pic posted last night on the Genny fan page. The guy had just scored
it, but new nothing of its history. 

I have to think they were made the same time as the SJ and MT. 
I was fortunate enough to score both of those in the last year.

Looks like the Chiefs Genesis mayl be another unicorn for me to chase.