Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Well done steak.  (Read 1835 times)

azbeeking

• Smokey Joe
Re: Well done steak.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 08:15:14 PM »
I accidentally murdered some flank earlier this week, but got away with it.  I pounded it out before cooking and sliced it thin across the grain.  I still found it tasty.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 07:06:15 AM »
Yup i would say tri tip. Its pretty much good any way you cook it as long as its brought up slower

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 06:38:27 PM »
I've had Tri-tip & agree it could work, alas it's not a cut I can get on a regular basis, and it isn't cheap here.

NISMOrob

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 07:57:23 PM »
Brisket usually goes to 195 ... no?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 11:50:50 AM »
Yeah it does, but that's different than steak.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 03:12:20 PM »
Brisket usually goes to 195 ... no?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Yeah it does, but that's different than steak.

Similar to Boston Butts (±200º) and Pork Loin or Tenderloin (±145º)

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 09:53:14 AM »
Well, my take on this, it's hard to please everyone. Been cooking for years. Trying to keep a nice cut of steak edible during/ being overdone..." tough" call right there.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

jacko1962

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »
Strip steak or cube. Just chicken fry it. Nice and tender and no pink.
Weber Genesis 1000 Black with all red oak, 1992 Redhead Performer.  2014 18.5 black. 1985 Black GA

Looking for P code Red Premium Master touch and a EO code Blue Premium Master touch .

Homerdog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 10:15:51 PM »
I have a family member who has to have all meat cooked well done and when we would have steaks, I had to make sure her steak was cooked to well done. Even a ribeye would dry out at times, but she ate it. Needless to say, she never ordered steak at a restaurant. Through trial and error, I was able to come up with a marinade that allowed her ribeye to stay flavorful, tender, moist, and brown throughout. She loves them so much, that whenever she comes over for supper, she always asks if we're having ribeyes. I don't care for well done ribeyes and this recipe is not for everyone, but I have to admit that I would eat this ribeye. For the record, I have never tried this on any other cut of beef.

2 or so Tbsp: Bolner's Fiesta Extra Fancy Texas Style Steak Seasoning With Tenderizer.
https://www.fiestaspices.com/product/texas-style-steak-seasoning/
1 or so Tbsp: Course black pepper. (Optional)
2 to 3 Tbsp: Lemon Juice.
2 or so Tbsp: Worcestershire Sauce.
1/4 cup: Olive Oil.
Sorry measurements aren't exact, I've never actually measured the stuff, guesstimating.

For her, I usually get about a 3/4" cut ribeye. Sprinkle the seasoning and course black pepper on both sides of the steak, just enough that you can still see the meat peaking through. Press the seasoning into the meat, don't rub. Black pepper is optional. Put the steak in a Ziploc baggie with the marinade, squeeze the air out, and throw it in the fridge overnight. Flip it over on the other side in the morning. When you're ready to cook, dry the meat off and throw it on the grill. I usually go right from the bag to the grill, but some folks will want to dry it off first. I use the reverse sear method now, but I used to sear first and slide. Turns out great both ways in my opinion. Cook to about 160 or so, pull and rest it for a few minutes. My well done family member loves it. This works for us, but it's not for everyone. YMMV.

Hope this helps or at least sparks some more ideas.

Troy1620

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 05:35:50 AM »
Chuck Eye steak

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 07:05:33 AM »
Went camping last weekend and food was planned by others. One of the meals was Flanken Ribs with a Korean marinade that was really good (I was camping and everything taste a little better when camping).  The Flanken Ribs were a little tough but they also bought a cheap thinly cut steak, which they did not know what it was) and put that in the marinade for two days and that was tender and really good for well done cook.

Yoshida 1cup
Soy sauce 1/2 cup
Seseme Oil tablespoon
Chopped garlic tablespoon
Green onion
Marinate at least 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app