Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: C code - UK  (Read 702 times)

Hacksaw

• Smokey Joe
C code - UK
« on: March 18, 2019, 10:23:57 AM »
Guys, here in the UK older grills are hard to come by, however, this has just popped up for sale, a 1981 c code. Not sure of the colour.

It’s clearly wrongly assembled. Lid looks pretty clean, but, I asked for photos of the bowl and was sent back the bottom pic and it looks rough. Now, it’s fairly priced, but, it’s a good 6 hour round trip to collect. Is it worth it or is the bowl too far gone?

Cheers.

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
Re: C code - UK
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 10:31:33 AM »
I can't comment on condition, but since any sort of agent is probably thin on the ground in the UK.

I pass from London to Manchester on occasion, if it's of any help

Good luck, older kettles are super rare in the UK

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 10:47:17 AM »
Based on the lid being in really good shape with no ruts near the handle, just dusty, I'm guessing the legs are solidly attached to the bowl, which is key.  Possibly stored inside for quite a bit of its life & the condition of the bottom looks like it is low enough that you really won't see it too much.

Good luck.
regards,
Hal

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 12:44:05 PM »
Beautiful chocolate/coppermist 18.  Love the legs on it.  If the seller won't ship, and if you have the time to collect it... definitely worth it IMO.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Hacksaw

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 01:25:36 PM »
Thanks folks, I’ll have a good think on it.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 03:18:34 PM »
I have a much longer roundtrip scheduled for tomorrow, which I hope goes off without a hitch.
regards,
Hal

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 03:23:41 AM »
If it’s something that’s very rare in your area and you want it, go get it! 6 hours will pass if you plan a road trip or not. Like Bob mentioned, you could ask if the seller would ship first, but if they won’t and they’d agree to hold it for you then I’d just plan a day of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 05:19:33 AM »
Hello @Hacksaw, i am from Austria and this Chocolate is a nice 18" Eurolegged girl. It also has the clips at the bent legs to fix the wheels.
The bowl will look inside like the outside (porcellaine loss). Typical European condition. The people leave the ash inside over winter, ash sucks humid and is wet. The rest you know.....rust

Sent from my SM-G950F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 08:08:02 AM »
If it's fairly priced, I'd go for it.

@Bertl  The inside won't necessarily look like the outside. I have several grills where the outside looks like a 15yr old with a bad case of zits, but the inside looks as sweet as a supermodel's butt.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:10:20 AM by Darko »

Hacksaw

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »
From the pic I have, inside looks ok...

steviesandwich

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 01:10:44 PM »
Very tempted - it's scarce over here!!